Mega Menu Addon

I am currently retooling the CS-Cart Horizontal Dropdown menu to create a mega menu feel and functionality.

I know there was some interest in having this developed for the CSC v3.0 trunk.

Here is the working version.

http://demo.requincreative.com/

The dynamically generated Categories are still being revised, so yes I am aware that they are not styled, cluttered and unattractive

Right now I have the layout, style elements and non-category block elements added so that it can be revised.

Thoughts?

The main problem I have with these menus is the seldom stay within the browser window. I know it's in development but notice the category content fall below the browser window.

It'd be great if CS-Cart extended the Mega Menu to include this sort of functionality as default, however, I think your version covers most scenarios for what I need it for. Being able to display parent category images in the menu would be great too.

Looks promising…

When do you think you'll have a full working version?

The categories are now dynamically populated on the demo site.

Taking into consideration what kickoff and stellar had to offer there is still some room for expansion of the categories specific mega drop-down.

I am also looking to expand the custom html drop-downs to use a WYSIWYG editor to make life a little easier there as well.

This one I have seen in codecanyon… Am I right ? :D

[quote name='requincreative' timestamp='1363755597' post='158217']

The categories are now dynamically populated on the demo site.

Taking into consideration what kickoff and stellar had to offer there is still some room for expansion of the categories specific mega drop-down.

I am also looking to expand the custom html drop-downs to use a WYSIWYG editor to make life a little easier there as well.

[/quote]

On what I said about falling off the screen, If it's a problem you could try a drop down drop up feature. What I mean is the first click on the category drops down as much as the category listing as it can and offer “more…” then a click on “more” makes the content fill upwards over the first.

[quote name=‘miracles’ timestamp=‘1363763191’ post=‘158226’]

This one I have seen in codecanyon… Am I right ? :D

[/quote]

The layout and example html blocks are from a NetTuts tutorial I happened upon.

Perhaps it got published elsewhere.

[quote name=‘kickoff3pm’ timestamp=‘1363775288’ post=‘158238’]

On what I said about falling off the screen, If it’s a problem you could try a drop down drop up feature. What I mean is the first click on the category drops down as much as the category listing as it can and offer “more…” then a click on “more” makes the content fill upwards over the first.

[/quote]

I think I have an idea of what you are talking about. Do you have a working example or is this your original concept?

[quote name=‘requincreative’ timestamp=‘1363781004’ post=‘158251’]

The layout and example html blocks are from a NetTuts tutorial I happened upon.

Perhaps it got published elsewhere.

I think I have an idea of what you are talking about. Do you have a working example or is this your original concept?

[/quote]

All my own work but you can use it in exchange for a free plugin :-)

Sure thing. Happy to reciprocate.

oops sorry

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/requincr/public_html/demo/addons/mega_menu/func.php on line 21

lucien

It's a development server as well.

It is fixed now.

I've updated the demo to dynamically assign product count and category images if allowed in the Addon Settings.

I will begin working on the WYSIWYG editor for the HTML blocks and another “TOP SECRET” feature for the 1st stable release in April.

BTW, I'm happy to customize this in any fashion that the end user would like, I just can't accommodate all potentialities in a general addon release.

Category images is perfect for my requirements and saves me having to do this myself. Look forward to the release.

Update: alt tags have been overlooked, might be wise to add these in for images if possible.

Alt tags seem to have been a bit of an afterthought even with the CS-Cart Engineers.

I finally tracked them down to the [color=#008000][font=Verdan, Arial, Tahoma]cscart_common_descriptions[/font][/color] table with a 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon type connection to the image

I'll add that

Have you gotten any further with this addon?

Good Evening,

I have the image ALT tags linked to the category images and the demo has been updated.

Looking good, any idea when you expect to offer this addon for sale?

is this mod available to download now?

My apologies, I neglected to monitor this thread.