• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Live Help Add-on to Be Discontinued Rate Topic   - - - - -

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:26 PM #1

Hello,

Today, we have an important announcement regarding the Live Help Add-on in CS-Cart.

This add-on will not be included in the future versions of CS-Cart, and its support will be discontinued.

Though it has been included in CS-Cart for many versions, the Live Help add-on has never gotten out of beta, it requires polishing and really tends to consume more human resources than we can afford to spend.

The decision to drop this add-on was not an easy one, but we are sure that it will allow us to work more intensively on other aspects of CS-Cart and have an overall positive effect on the software as a whole.

As an alternative we recommend to use the Olark live chat service. It has proven to be well-integrated with CS-Cart, and we already use at cs-cart.com to provide real-time support service.

There are, of course, many more solutions for the same task, and you are free to choose any one you like.

UPD: The add-on is now available at GitHub under MIT and LGPL

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• miracles
  • Members
  • 1533 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:46 PM #2

I never used csc live chat. May be the third party is good.
CS-CART 3.0.6 GRENADE

Please vote for CDN Add-on

For SEO Article Submission, Forum Profile Links, Web 2.0 links, contact me through PM.

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:25 PM #3

We gave up on the livehelp installed in CS. We ended up using stardevelop.com, which we ended up getting the multi-site license and have it on all of our sites. We are able to mainain all of our sites from one livehelp at a reasonalbe price that does not nickel and dime me with monthly fees.
Regards,
Jim

• tletourneau
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:41 PM #4

We switched to Crafty Syntax for all of our sites. We can use one backend install for every site, it works well.
Thanks,
Tom
Version - 3.0.4
Hosting - RangeHosting.us