• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart Demo Hacked Rate Topic   - - - - -

• makstudios
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:36 PM #1

Ok, so, A store I installed for a customer got hacked and they not only got into the cart, they played havoc on the server itself. Now Im not sure what happened in total detail, because it was an installation for a company I no longer work for. However, they informed me of the incident. In addition, I went to the demo to check out the latest version and see if there were any changes and notice the store was hacked by StarBacK & ShocKMaN & Cyber-Storm.Org HacK TeaM. CS-Cart has become the number 1 target for hackers it seems. Is there any steps cs-cart is taking to prevent their product from becoming useless to the public because of it's security holes and obvious attraction to hackers?

-MAK
Regards,
Michael A. Karr
MAKstudios Custom Web Design
www.makstudios.com

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:57 PM #2

What version of CS cart? Did they apply any patches if its an older version of the cart?

Is it possible they left other permissions wide open?

Alot of possibilities but w/o seeing the logs, you can guess all day long. And for that matter, it might not even be CS, if they have other software running.
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

• wavi
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:31 AM #3

Dear Makstudios,

Can you put here some information (..dettailed ? ), for understand the level of cs-cart involvement, about your hack adventure.