ADDON: "Extended reviews" add-on

Hello friends!

We are glad to announce a new add-on from our team - the Extended reviews add-on.

This add-on extends the functionality of a standard “Comments and reviews” add-on by adding review attributes and including the “Sort by” form and “Was this review helpful” count.

Features:[list]

[]Works for products (not for pages).

[
]Ability to add review attributes that will be rated by a customer.

[]Ability to add the Global review attributes and apply them to several products/all products.

[
]The product rating and the number of reviews are displayed on a product details page below a product name and in a product list below a product image.

[]In the Reviews tab customers can sort reviews by

[list]

[
]Most helpful first

[]Highest rating first

[
]Lowest rating first

[]Newest first

[
]Oldest first

[/list][]“Was this review helpful for you” line with “Yes”, “No” buttons. Only registered users can use it. The voting is shown below each review.

[
]Customer reviews and ratings are displayed in the admin back-end. Administrator can edit/approve/disapprove/delete them.

[*]User-friendly interface.

[/list]

More details, documentation and demo are available here.

Extended reviews add-on is compatible with CS-Cart Professional 3.0.x.

This add-on can be adjusted for CS-Cart 2 for an additional charge only.

Current price is $49.

Please feel free to ask any questions!

Best regards, Alt-team

you should make an inmail review system

[quote name='MichielTG' timestamp='1363036585' post='157495']

[/quote]I will chip in for that.

[quote name='MichielTG' timestamp='1363036585' post='157495']

[/quote]

Dear MichielTG and Slightly_Bent_Halo!

It is a bit off-topic but if you mean the add-on that will allow you to s[font=Arial][size=4]end an automated email after X days of a completed order requesting a product review, soon this modification will be available in our Latest modifications section. And we will think to issue such an add-on if many are interested.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]Best regards, Alt-team[/size][/font]

Back to topic, we've got several emails form CS-Cart users asking if the Extended reviews add-on influences the comments and reviews that were made before the add-on installation.

Please notice! The Extended reviews add-on installation doesn't influence the comments and reviews that were made before at your website. Other words, all previously made comments and reviews will stay untouched and unchanged as they were.

Best regards, Alt-team

I was referring a followup email that gave the user the ability to create a review right from their email without having to go back to the site.

I apologize, not trying to hijack the thread

[quote name='Slightly_Bent_Halo' timestamp='1363093891' post='157558']

I was referring a followup email that gave the user the ability to create a review right from their email without having to go back to the site.

I apologize, not trying to hijack the thread

[/quote]

I agree, if the customer was allowed to write their review in a followup email, I feel the reviews would signifigantly increase. I hope someone develops this soon.

I also think it needs a follow up email to get the customer to post a review.

I would also like to see a facebook and twitter button on each review so that the review could be posted on facebook or tweeted.

I would be happy to pay more for the addon if these features where implemented into the addon.

John

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I also think it needs a follow up email to get the customer to post a review.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I would also like to see a facebook and twitter button on each review so that the review could be posted on facebook or tweeted.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I would be happy to pay more for the addon if these features where implemented into the addon.[/font][/color][/quote]

Agreed, this add-on would then become a very powerful marketing tool ! ;-)

It would be a great addon if it allows cutomers to upload images with the review.

Just so that we're on the same page here people - Alt-Team are providing an extension to the default review addon.

What most of you have asked for, is already available via EZ-MS's Auto-Mail addon.

Hello everyone!

You all write about an add-on that will allow you to send a [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]follow up email to get the customer to post a review. We love this idea and we have already developed such a modification for our website and successfully use it but we are not ready to sell it as an add-on so far. Most likely we will issue it as a separate add-on but can't say anything about the terms.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]The Extended reviews add-on is just an extension for the standard Comments and reviews (JesseLeeStringer got the point absolutely).[/font][/color]

[quote name='ghostrider' timestamp='1363232287' post='157697']

It would be a great add-on if it allows customers to upload images with the review.

[/quote]

Dear ghostrider, thanks for your suggestion. This is a good idea, but we can't promise to include it in the default functionality in the nearest future because we have several planned projects that need to be finished first. Now we can only offer this feature within our custom development service.

Best regards, Alt-team

Does this addon apply the same changes to Testimonials?

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1373641836' post='165257']

Does this addon apply the same changes to Testimonials?

[/quote]

Hello Magpie Done!

Unfortunately, no. This add-on adds review attributes to the products only.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hi,

I'm interested in product described in your post…

Is this add-on for Product review only? Or it also changes Vendors rating and reviews???

You know Rating stars are shown on product page, so, if you rate in your extended Reviews seller as well (Shipping, service etc) result can be wrong. I mean mixed rating of product and seller. Am I right???

So, please clarify.

P.S> I'm going to have Product Rating and Seller Rating separately. This mean two separate Star Ratings should be shown… One for Product - under title and Second on Seller Page or Seller table.

Hello zviadi!

The Extended reviews add-on works with products only. Thus, you should create attributes that will describe the product.

[quote name='zviadi' timestamp='1377875670' post='167594'] You know Rating stars are shown on product page, so, if you rate in your extended Reviews seller as well (Shipping, service etc) result can be wrong. I mean mixed rating of product and seller. Am I right??? [/quote]

Yes, you are right. It is not a good idea to add a Seller attribute for rating a product.

Multi-Vendor allows you to create a separate Seller rating by default. Go to Administration → Add-ons → Comments and reviews → settings. Click the Vendors tab and choose the necessary settings. Vendor rating will be shown on the Vendor page.

If you would like to have a Vendor rating with attributes, we can do it as a custom modification for some extra charge. Please, contact us if you are interested.

Best regards, Alt-team

I bought the extended reviews and it worked the way it was suppose to.

The only issue that I don't like at all is if someone wants to click yes or no if the review helped them they have to be logged in.

Makes no sense at all for someone to be logged in.

#1 rule to a product page is never let the customer leave the page.

When you click either it leaves the page to the log in page.

Now if I am a customer deciding if I am going to buy the product and rwd the reviews and decide to buy the product and clkick yes I am off the product page and on the log in page. How do I get back ?

90 % of the people that will click those buttons do not have a login and sure as heck are not going to create a log in just for that.

That being said I sent Alt a e-mail asking where I can change the code so people don't have to log in.

I got a e-mail back saying they would do it for $100 dollars.

Hahahaha … The add on cost 49 dollars.

I can myself delete just that part out of the code in seconds.

Yes they have every right to charge what they want and how they want to manage thier business.

I won't be buying a add on from them again though. Extra customer service goes a mile …

I also have bought add ons from 4sprung and they always go above and beyond like things like this and never charge me.

Hello dan4288!

Please, let me explain the situation. It is not one line of code change. “Was this review helpful” feature is based on user ids and it is necessary to overdo the logic to allow unregistered customers to use this feature.

You are right that most of users won't login to express their positive or negative attitude but the add-on is done like that and it is said in the add-on description.

We will try to redo the add-on letting the unregistered users use “Was this review helpful” feature but can't say how soon. The add-on developer is currently busy with tasks and needs to find free time to make changes.

If more add-on users claim this feature, he will try to make changes faster.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='vanderex' timestamp='1388958980' post='174577']

is it a good idea to put a ton of review over the description ?

[/quote]

Has the add-on been upgraded yet?

[quote name='JGift' timestamp='1389825037' post='175258']

Has the add-on been upgraded yet?

[/quote]

Hello JGigt,

We plan to release the upgraded version next week! We will inform in this thread.

Best regards, Alt-team