• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Address Validation at Checkout add-on Rate Topic   - - - - -

• jjtrottier
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:12 AM #1

Hello everyone,

As we continue to concentrate our efforts on Shipping Automation and Integration, we are completing a few 'micro' projects to keep funding our cause. This add-on provides address validation at checkout to ensure your customers provide you with the most accurate delivery information.

If you're a high-volume business or receive a high amount of returns due to misspelled addresses, this add-on should help save you money, and improve your customer service levels.

In a nutshell, our module checks the user input and either accepts it or provides correction:

Posted Image

The add-on is in the final stages of development. We are posting here to gauge interest, gather questions and feedback before the final release.

Do note this add-on requires subscription to an address validation service. Pricing varies based on the number of API calls you make. More details and pricing to come...

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:09 AM #2

Is this service worldwide or US only?
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• jegesmaci
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:01 PM #3

I am interested. What address validation service did you develop towards? What is their pricing?

• jjtrottier
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:34 PM #4

Is this service worldwide or US only?

As of right now, the service works for Canada and USA addresses.

I am interested. What address validation service did you develop towards? What is their pricing?

We're using a data source that is CASS certified from USPS. Therefore, it is very accurate.

Rough pricing estimated are:
$10/mo for 250 calls
$20/mo for 500 calls
$30/mo for 1000 calls
$45/mo for 2500 calls

Keep in mind a returned package fee is around $10 so if you get a couple of these returns every month, you've already justified the cost of this service. Likewise, this facilitates better customer service.

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:15 PM #5

This is a great idea and absolutely necessary for high volume shippers, glad to see it.

I would prefer that the complete, 9 Digit Zip Code be displayed for USA addresses, example 64116-2378
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• jjtrottier
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:26 PM #6

This is a great idea and absolutely necessary for high volume shippers, glad to see it.

I would prefer that the complete, 9 Digit Zip Code be displayed for USA addresses, example 64116-2378

Actually, in most cases it does return the 9 digit zip. Not sure why it didn't in this case.

I will put a demo up shortly.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:29 AM #7

Very nice addon

http://www.RacingSolution.com
Performance & Styling Auto Parts
CS-Cart v4.5.2

• tigerbabba
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:45 PM #8

Great but I already have this made for me from our in house coder. good luck
Currently using CS-Cart 4.x
Fortigate Firewalls

• extrarius
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:35 PM #9

Was any progress actually made on this? I'm extremely interested in it and would like to implement it on our site we're launching soon.

HardwareAndTools.com

The Internet's Largest Hardware Store