Google Checkout

Does anyone here actually use the google checkout with CS-Cart?

Does it work with international shipping?

I know I’m replying to an old post, but the original code didn’t work. I had to edit the googlecheckout.php file. It works now, if anyone needs it, just post to here and I will provide. :slight_smile:

Many others would be interested in this, I also found that when values were inserted in the end fields (delivery time) then Google had a fit.

Which part about it didn’t work? I use it and it does take you to the checkout.

I am trying to get Google Checkout to work and am still not getting the shipping costs. Everything is 0.00. How do you get Google to work with the CSCart shipping methods? I only use UPS.

Thanks. damitall

DID you fix this? I know how to fix it

[quote name=‘cpugeek’]DID you fix this? I know how to fix it[/QUOTE]

It will be good for all if you can share the fix.

TIA.

No I still have not found a fix to this. I have just taken Google Checkout out of the picture for now. I you know of a way to fix this I would be very, very interested. My customers really would like to use Google.

Thanks,

damitall

I’d also like to use google checkout but can’t get my shipping costs to carry over. does anyone have a solution?

I’m currently “fixing” Google checkout and will share my changes when they are complete.

I consult for several clients and own several of my own companies. Please give me a few days as I have several other mods/scripts I have to knock out.

I’m using the latest version of CS-Cart and I’m having the same problem. Taxes and shipping are not being passed to Google - an weirdly, its offering the customer the option of “free shipping”, which we do not do. I’m a big fan of CS-Cart, and have been a customer (on behalf of several clients) for years, but this is incredibly frustrating. Most of my clients only use PayPal or Google checkout - and I had to apply the PayPal patch that a user posted (order was being set to failed even though it went through), and now GC isn’t working correctly. One would think that of all the components of a shopping cart, the actual processing would be considered fairly important. We will have to disable GC until this gets resolved, leaving my client with only PayPal. :frowning:

We too have ran into the slow response issue with Google Checkout. We have had to turn off Google Checkout because it would not bring through the shipping charges. I didn’t pay any attention to the tax side.

Here is what Google Checkout Tools says…

[quote]

Integration Console 1 - 15 of 15 issues

Date Type Order Description

Jul 21, 2008 11:24:27 AM EDT Error - We timed out waiting for your server at …/google_calculations.php – the error we got is: Read timed out Your server must respond faster to merchant calculation callback requests.

[/quote]

So Google times out because of a slow response. Does anyone know how to fix this? I really do not believe it is a server issue as we are on a Linux, VPS that has done well. The issue really seems to be something with the CS programming of the return page. I guess it could also be that Google is not allowing enough time for CS to contact the UPS server to get the information.

I completely re-did the PHP for google checkout in CS-cart.

I converted everything to flat rate shipping – the GC integration simply did not work (in 1.3.4sp3 anyway)

The best way IMO is to go through the XML doc on the GC site and just edit the appropriate CS-cart php file… its just a matter of building the xml and passing it across.

Either way, I think it will always need some customisation in this manner

[quote name=‘AWSOM50’]I completely re-did the PHP for google checkout in CS-cart.

I converted everything to flat rate shipping – the GC integration simply did not work (in 1.3.4sp3 anyway)

The best way IMO is to go through the XML doc on the GC site and just edit the appropriate CS-cart php file… its just a matter of building the xml and passing it across.

Either way, I think it will always need some customisation in this manner[/QUOTE]

Flat rate is the problem. We tried this a couple of years ago with another shopping cart and LOST our tail! We now let UPS figure the freight because it doesn’t do much good for me to sell something, loose money and then go out of business because I have to pay for the extra shipping. If everything we shipped was about the same it would probably be fine, but depending on the weight and destination, this drastically changes within the US.