• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Customizers Here? Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:36 PM #1

We are looking to make our site a little more user/eye friendly. So far we get all positives comments about our site and how it looks. Me being the person who built it and owns it, I am very hard on myself and think it could be a little better. If you all would take a look and tell me what you think we could do to make it flow and look a little better. Are the colors ok? Is there too much of one particular thing that doesn't look right. Currently our bounce (in/out) rate is an average of about 65%. I would definitely love to get that down. We are open to all suggestions and thanks for your time. John

www.taylorsnutrition.com
Taylor's Nutrition Leading The Way For A Healthier Life

Join Our Facebook Fan Page Here.

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:00 PM #2

Hi John,

How about a logo for starters? :) Or am I missing something?

B

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:08 PM #3

John,

Drop me a Pm if you want to talk about your site.

ETI
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

Posted 31 May 2007 - 07:33 PM #4

Hi John,

How about a logo for starters? :) Or am I missing something?

B

We have one. I just changed the skins and had to upload it to the new skin.

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:32 PM #5

Not sure if you have done it yet, but the top left is looking very bland to say the least.

Your center section (orange box) you should make the logo & order online blend into the orange, especially when looking at it in high res, it seems out of place.

Like the google map widget ;-)
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:12 AM #6

<No Offence mate> I'm gonna rip your balls off here.

I don't like it at all from the customers stand-point
Orange / Blank / Grey / White don't evoke a vitamin 'feel' from me.

Not that you havn't visited your competition but :http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp
Clean and simple colours something that might make you stand out or else on the same line as your competition.

All the thumbnails are pixelated most noticable is this product:
ANEVOL 60 CAPS
SKU: evo2
It looks as if the background text (it says capsules) is watermarked by a different store.

Top left hand corner looks blank, logo or small flash presentation might improve the 'activity' of the site

Might be worth adding the 'protected by' sidebox container to the top of the screen. Confuses users with the category side as there is no clear distinction where the categories starts
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:31 AM #7

Ok, I changed it back to the way it was before until I can get a better grip on the modifications. I suppose and hope this one looks better.

• Zyles
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:08 AM #8

As I mentioned before you should place hackersafe at the top if you want to benefit from it. I guess thats why you bought it...
Marketing tip:

Did you know a targeted e-mail marketing campaign can bring conversion rates up to 3.9%? By using reliable e-mail marketing software you can upsell to existing customers on a tight budget. If you are not using e-mail marketing you are missing out big time. I recommend and use Aweber.

• TonyK
  • Members
  • 1686 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:55 AM #9

I would say the biggest problem is all your images. Your product images are pixelated, same with the Peak Fitness banner.

http://www.taylorsnu.../fightstack.jpg
that image just seems out of place ona black background, just floating and its huge in size.

Your logo is WAY too big and on a black background.

I see you have red/white/blue in your logo, I would think you could build off that logo a color scheme to fit.

Heres just a quick example of a clean design that colors flow and match (not that im saying this is the best design, but just for clarification)

http://www.templatem...lates/6381.html
Pimpin' skins since v1.0

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:16 PM #10

That's a very nice and eye easy web template. Now I guess my issue is to change the colors. So I guess I must play instead of work today with the colors. I also agree that the black logo has got to go. Thanks to you all for the support and quick responses. John

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:19 PM #11

As I mentioned before you should place hackersafe at the top if you want to benefit from it. I guess thats why you bought it...

It's at the top of the center of my page. Are you meaning it should be up where the logo is?

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:21 PM #12

I would say the biggest problem is all your images. Your product images are pixelated, same with the Peak Fitness banner.

How do you fix pixelated images? I am guessing that they should be resized?

• Zyles
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:43 PM #13

It's at the top of the center of my page. Are you meaning it should be up where the logo is?

It was so subtle I didn't see it. Which means the placement is not the best. I only saw the one at the bottom.

Use the logo that sticks out and pokes you in the eye. The white one blends into your background. I think hackersafe has a black one. Also put it either to the left or right before the fold.

If you make your logo smaller you can put it at the top.
Marketing tip:

Did you know a targeted e-mail marketing campaign can bring conversion rates up to 3.9%? By using reliable e-mail marketing software you can upsell to existing customers on a tight budget. If you are not using e-mail marketing you are missing out big time. I recommend and use Aweber.

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:41 PM #14

Well 1 things for sure, your logo is 1 million times better !!!
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]