• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How can I take out Email field in Shipping Address Rate Topic   - - - - -

• sbooks
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:56 PM #1

Is there a setting to opt out the email address for when customers right down the shipping addresses?

Under Customers>Profile Fields>Email

My setting is not editable, Am i missing something?

Thanks.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:09 PM #2

Seems a bit silly. In 3.0.6, the Shipping Address E-mail field on the Profile Fields page has a single radio box (Show) and a checkbox (Required). If you click the radio and save the page, you can only remove the radio if you click the Edit link next to e-mail, which on the Edit page, 2 checkboxes are displayed. Surely must be a bug to have a radio on one page and a checkbox on the other to control the setting...unless anyone else can explain this bizarre setup. The e-mail field is required as default and there is no way to make it optional or not required at all without core modifications by the look of it.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• sbooks
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:01 PM #3

I agree with you, its a bit silly indeed. I had a feeling it needed to be customized. Thanks alot for the quick response!

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:49 PM #4

Which version are you using? I've just checked a 3.0.6 install, checking out as both a registered user and as a guest does not present the e-mail field for the Shipping address, only for the Billing address.

• sbooks
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:52 PM #5

Hi, I have CS-Cart: version 3.0.2 PROFESSIONAL

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:32 PM #6

I presume you have good reason to still be on 3.0.2 but unfortunately this was a bug which was fixed in V3.0.4 - see the respective changelog. You could either upgrade, or ask CS-Cart via the Helpdesk to provide you with the necessary code changes, which they may, but not always, do for you.

• sbooks
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:07 PM #7

Ah! I see, thanks for the help, I will contact help desk for those code changes.

Best.