• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

When will CS-Cart implement html5 / schema.org ? Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:33 AM #1

Google has hinted several times that they will increasingly update their search algoritms to the benefit of sites using schema.org microdata / html5 semantics.
It is not unlikely that a future Google update will have major impact on websites, just like the Penguin update last year removed 700.000 websites from Googles index.

It suffices to say that schema.org / html5 is important and CS-Cart will have to make the jump at some point in the not so distant future.

I am not talking about a few rich snippets for some elements, but a full rewrite of the front end.

Such rewrite would break all skins, just like CS Cart 3.0 and 3.1 break all skins.
I wonder what Sibirsk its plans are for a front end schema.org / html5 rewrite?
Is anything planned at all? If yes, then what is the best upgrade plan for webmasters that have to rewrite everything for 3.1 already?

• hbtrading
  • Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:03 AM #2

The following addon by alt-team seems to help with the microdata http://www.alt-team....ets-add-on.html

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1139 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:57 PM #3

Just a tiny amount. Their rich snippet addon does add 6 bits, but its a long way from applying schema.org to your whole website.

• knoxbury
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:51 PM #4

I agree this shouldn't be left to a 3rd party. It's core functionality. Make sure to vote on this below.

http://cscart.uservo...pets-for-google

• Lazy
  • Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:07 AM #5

See the total lack of a reply from CS Cart yet again

Also notint this thread HERE has now been closed stopping anyone else from commenting.

There CSCart talk about user voice , HMM I think the ebay add on has been on there and promised for nearly 2 -3 years

These are important feature requests we are asking for , if migrating to another cart wasn't such a ball ache and a gamble I would have left years ago.

That said schema is very important is a " time to find a new cart solution for us" kind of issue, CS Cart team please take note, by having uservoice and stating you are going to build a requested add on you are in effect detering thir parties from providing a solution. When you then fail to deliver you are ineffect kicking all of your clients square in the bollocks. ( Once again) THANKS