• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3.0.6 Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3849 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:28 PM #41

However in this case, I downloaded 3.0.6 on 2/14/2013 and I just downloaded it again and they both have the exact same file size of 45,989 KB.

• NDanecker
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:40 PM #42

Just tried downloading again this morning and now it seems correct. Maybe they saw this post and fixed my account over the weekend.

Now -- the filesize I downloaded back in February was 49,842kb. Today's filesize is 49,849kb. Going to run a file compare to see what's different between the two.
www.njtackle.com
CS-Cart v2.0.14, Apache, PHP 5, MySQL 5

• NDanecker
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:53 PM #43

I compared both versions and only two entries in the install data.sql file are different.
www.njtackle.com
CS-Cart v2.0.14, Apache, PHP 5, MySQL 5

• xmaster
  • Trial users
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:55 AM #44

Greetings!

Sorry for a little off topic, any idea when 3.11 is out. I want to upgrade 1.35 shop to the latest V3 and thought might as well start with latest 3.11

The idea is to use a 3rd party ######### solution provider and I'm really hopping they will make this migration nice and easy.

Any other suggestions?

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1774 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:09 AM #45

It will take some time for cs-cart 3.1 to become mature and stable enough. So if you want to upgrade to v3, you can do it now and then upgrade to 3.1.x at a later time.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2308 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:54 AM #46

Personally I would wait for 3.11. Yes, it will take some time to mature, but there are "rumours" saying an upgrade from 3.05 to 3.11 is going to be a lot of work - again.

When a new version has been launched cs-cart is usually pretty quick in releasing minor updates and bugfixes. So I'd start developing the new shop in 3.11 and go live with 3.14 or so.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1774 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:07 AM #47

Just hope the upgrade from 3.0.5 to 3.1.x will be as smooth as possible. :)

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2308 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:08 AM #48

Just hope the upgrade from 3.0.5 to 3.1.x will be as smooth as possible. :)

That would definitely be a relieve!

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:49 PM #49

If the 2.2.X to 3.0.X upgrade is anything to go by, considering the folder structure changes, the 3.0.X to 3.1.X upgrade is going to be a pig. It's a big ask, but I hope CS-Cart have something in place for upgrading stores file/folder structure and not just the database.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11429 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:27 AM #50

No one knows what 3.1.x is. We're all guessing. All we know is that they were adding an API. It doesn't take a development team months to develop an API into a stable system so there must be many other changes coming our way (doubt they were driven by User Voice either).

So it's a normal cs-cart major release. Wait, be surprised and wait for 4-6 releases for it to become commercially stable/viable. And don't forget to keep your developer happy, you're going to need them if you've done any customization.

Given that any requests to helpdesk lately are met with the infamous "we'll get back to you" and then a week goes by and I enquirer again and am told things are "too intense for them to look at my issue", I'm assuming they are in heavy test mode.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3849 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:21 AM #51

Wait, be surprised and wait for 4-6 releases for it to become commercially stable/viable.

LMAO!!! If everyone did this then 3.0 would have been a complete waste of time for CSC. Instead, CSC made it a waste of time for everyone who did. :P

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11429 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:03 PM #52

I'm becoming cynical in my old age.... Forgive me..

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• BluBT
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:45 PM #53

LMAO!!! If everyone did this then 3.0 would have been a complete waste of time for CSC. Instead, CSC made it a waste of time for everyone who did. :P

ya well .. no 'if' about it ..so far thats exactly what its been.
sorry to seem so negative but i've experienced nothing other than 3.X - 3.0.6 in less than one year, each version with issues....only to find that in a few short weeks i'll have to start all over AND PAY FOR IT AGAIN !#$&)#)(%&)$(%& nice.

~B.