How do vendors get paid?

Hello, how is multivendor edition set up?

when a vendor sells a product, how do they get paid?

Who gets the money when someone buys? Is it me as the site owner? or the vendor?

If its me then I have to pay the vendor?

thanks

Hello neigoro,

Thank you for your message.

When a customer places an order in your store, all the money will go to your (site owners) bank/payment gateway account. After this you should perform all vendor commission payouts manually. You can see the vendor account balance on the Vendor account balance page in your CS-Cart admin panel.

Our engineers are planing to add the Automatic vendor payouts feature to one of the next CS-Cart releases. This feature will allow you to have a separate checkout for each vendor, so that the money will go to vendors' bank accounts automatically after this. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with more detailed information on when this feature will be released. Please follow the updates in our blog:

[url=“http://blog.cs-cart.com/”]http://blog.cs-cart.com/[/url]

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

As a Customer, I will have “a separate checkout for each vendor” which I purchased Products from? I purchase 5 Products, each belonging to a separate vendor, I would have to check out 5 times?

Is each Vendor going to be using their own Merchant Account too? If so, how does the store owner get paid?

Hello Entangled,

Yes, each vendor will have his/her own payment method with specific payment settings and customer will have to pass through 5 checkout processes in your particular case.

As regards payouts to a store owner, it will be implemented using the CS-Cart vendor admin panel. A vendor will process payouts through payment gateways within a certain time period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Pavel,

I am setting up a Downloadable Mall with 1000s of Vendors, each having 100s/1000s of Products.

You are telling me that if a Customer comes along and purchases 10 Products from 10 different Vendors, this poor Customer will have to go through the Checkout process 10 times. This will also create 10 separate orders too, right? You tell me … would you finish paying for the “order(s)” knowing to had to go through the payment steps 10 times? … and would you be a returning Customer? This is aso a BIG RED FLAG to Banks … they only allow so many transactions coming through in a short period of time … 10 transactions of varies amounts coming in from 10 different Gateways (some might even be duplicates) all at once … yeah.

As the Store / Mall owner, I am expecting my Vendors to cut payment to me? Each Vendor has to have their owner merchant account?

I was expecting to have a Mall with Vendors suppling the Mail (me) with Products where a Customer can come purchase Products from Mall (varies Vendors) making payment on one Checkout page using my Payment Methods (Merchant Accounts) where I payout to the Vendors weekly 60-80% of their sales … thus making the Mall (me) 20-40% of each sell.

This is the best ya'll can do? This sounds like some kind of hack so the same code can be used in Ulimate, too.

Hello Entangled,

Thank you for the reply.

Note that the same payment system for vendors is used in one of the biggest and popular marketplaces Etsy.com. A huge amount of buyers visit this store every day, so I suppose that such a payment system does not bother these buyers. Moreover, it will be much easier for a vendor to receive money and pay commission without your intervention. Each vendor will have his/her own merchant account and payment method created in the CS-Cart admin panel in this case. After receiving money from a customer, a vendor will have the ability to pay commission in his/her vendor admin panel. In this case you (as a root store adminsitrator) will need to create a separate payment method for such transactions from vendors. This payment method will not be visible to customers in the storefront.

As regards payment gateways, there should not be any problems with several orders processed in a short period of time. The delay between placing different orders will definitely be more than 10-20 seconds and such a delay is more than acceptable. Imagine a big online store where hundreds of orders are placed per minute and there is no any compliance from a payment gateway regarding this.

I hope I have managed to comment on your thoughts in this matter. If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to reply to my answer.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Is Etsy.com using any version of CS-Cart?

“When a customer places an order in your store, all the money will go to your (site owners) bank/payment gateway account. After this you should perform all vendor commission payouts manually. You can see the vendor account balance on the Vendor account balance page in your CS-Cart admin panel.”

Is this the way Vendors are handled now in V3.0.x?

“Our engineers are planing to add the Automatic vendor payouts feature to one of the next CS-Cart releases. This feature will allow you to have a separate checkout for each vendor, so that the money will go to vendors' bank accounts automatically after this. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with more detailed information on when this feature will be released.”

Is this an addon or are your engineers changing the way Vendors will be handles in V3.1?

As the store or mall owner, I do not want to rely on the Vendors paying me my commissions.

I looked into Etsy … during the Store setup process, I am asked for a Payment Method. They offer a “Direct checkout” payment method with a 3% rate + $0.25 per transaction fee. You can not use your own Merchant Account on Etsy, the “Direct checkout” uses an Etsy Merchant Account. The 3% + $0.25 per transaction fee is paid at the time of each sale.

Etsy charges the Store a $0.20 per item listing fee, 3.5% of the item's selling price and an advertising fee. At the end of the month Etsy adds up all the fees and sends out emails. The Store owner has until the 15th to pay their Etsy bill.

Also, why can't Vendors have Affiliates?

I still have questions into Etsy, but, I did do some “testing” on Etsy … I added several products to my cart on Etsy … when Checking out, I am given a list of my shopping carts with each Vendor and I have to go through the checkout process with each vendor. I wonder how much this has effected sales.

However, doing the same thing on Ebay, I only have to check out ONCE when purchasing from several vendors … this is the way I want my Mall to operate.

Considering Ebay is MUCH larger than Etsy, CSC Multi-vendor should be following Ebay's model not Etsy … or better yet, have a switch to make CSC MV act either way.

Hello Entangled,

No, Etsy is not related to CS-Cart. They use their own web application.

As regards your other questions, in the current CS-Cart version, you have the ability to place an order via single checkout if you purchase products from different vendors. In version 3.1.1, the automated vendor payouts feature will not be implemented as an add-on. But you will still have the ability to choose which way suits you more when purchasing products from different vendors: single checkout or multiple checkouts. Note that if you choose single checkout, the automated vendor payouts feature will not be available in this case.

Unfortunately, we are not planning to add the feature to future CS-Cart releases so that each vendor could create his/her own affiliates. However, I would like to inform you that since recently we have started using the UserVoice service to accept new feature requests and suggestions on improving CS-Cart (but any software bugs should be posted here - [url=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/”]Bug tracker - CS-Cart Community Forums):

http://cscart.uservo…33-multi-vendor

This service helps us give an impartial estimation of the necessity to create a certain feature. Any CS-Cart user who is registered on CS-Cart Forums can vote for a feature and offer their own one. The most popular features have good chances to be developed and added to the nearest CS-Cart releases. So, I would like to ask you to post your suggestion to the CS-Cart forum at uservoice.com. Detailed information and explanation why this feature is important to be implemented will help it earn more votes and probably be among the top features that might be added to CS-Cart.

As regards your suggestions on looking closer for eBay as an exemplar, we will certainly consider it.

Thank you very much for your thoughts and your participation in this matter.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Pavel,

Do you have a rough estimate as to when the feature allowing [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]separate checkout for each vendor will be released?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks![/font][/color]

Hello dysartwebs,

We are planning to include this feature in the next CS-Cart major version which is planned to be released in June, 2013.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Pavel,

We are considering purchasing CS Cart Multivendor. Will the vendor payouts feature that you mentioned above be part of the Multivendor edition? Also if we purchased the Multivendor version before this feature is added, will we be required to pay additional for it?

Thanks

Donald

Hello Donald,

This feature will be available in CS-Cart version 4.0.1. We are planning to release the stable version within the next two months. The actual release date will depend on the feedback we collect during the public beta testing. We will make an official announcement in our blog (blog.cs-cart.com).

If you purchase a CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Edition license now, you will not need to pay extra to get this feature. You will just need to upgrade your store to version 4.0.1 after its stable version is released.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Pavel,

I installed 4.0.1 MULTIVENDOR (beta) and do not see any settings for a separate checkout for each vendor. Is this feature going to be in the final release or is not going to happen? Thanks for any info.

AJ

Hello dysartwebs,

Please accept my sincere apologies for misinforming you. Unfortunately, this feature will not be included in CS-Cart version 4.0.1. The feature is not ready yet and it is planned to be included in version 4.1.x. I apologize for the inconvenience in this matter.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hi Pavel,

I'm sure you might get asked this alot but when will the feature allowing [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]separate checkout for each vendor be put into place. I see that you mentioned that it's in the works but not to be released with June 2013 release. Will it be several months before we see this feature?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thank you[/font][/color]

Hello DBalk,

We are planning to release this feature in CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Edition by the end of this year.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Just wondering if you have an updated, more specific release date for the Automatic Vendor Payouts (the feature described above where it will allow a separate checkout for each vendor, so that the money will go to vendors' bank accounts automatically)?

Can anyone answer my question above??

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1360652692' post='154972']

Hello neigoro,

When a customer places an order in your store, all the money will go to your (site owners) bank/payment gateway account. After this you should perform all vendor commission payouts manually. You can see the vendor account balance on the Vendor account balance page in your CS-Cart admin panel.

Our engineers are planing to add the Automatic vendor payouts feature to one of the next CS-Cart releases. This feature will allow you to have a separate checkout for each vendor, so that the money will go to vendors' bank accounts automatically after this. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with more detailed information on when this feature will be released. Please follow the updates in our blog:

[url=“http://blog.cs-cart.com/”]http://blog.cs-cart.com/[/url]

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

I think this idea is bad, I don't want a store where a customer has to check out 5 times in a row. When people say they want auto-payments setup, they mean that the vendors will be automatically be paid from the admin account when an item is shipped. Some sort of PayPal API integration.

Troy