• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vendor can change product popularity number :( Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Maky
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:09 AM #1

How come that vendor can change popularity number?
I can see a problem with that, because if there is on the front page block "Most popular" he can easily promote his products by putting very high number and so his products will be always on top.

Correct me if im wrong.

(sorry this article should be in Multivendor, cant change it now)

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:45 PM #2

Hello Maky,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, I agree with you that a vendor could change this value manually in order to get non-fair profit in case a customer views products sorted by popularity in the storefront. I have forwarded information about this issue to our engineers. This possibility will be removed in one of the next CS-Cart releases.

If you want to have this fix right now, please contact us via Customer Help Desk so that our technical support engineer could provide you with it.

Thank you.

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• Maky
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:28 AM #3

Hello Maky,

Thank you for your message.

Yes, I agree with you that a vendor could change this value manually in order to get non-fair profit in case a customer views products sorted by popularity in the storefront. I have forwarded information about this issue to our engineers. This possibility will be removed in one of the next CS-Cart releases.

If you want to have this fix right now, please contact us via Customer Help Desk so that our technical support engineer could provide you with it.

Thank you.

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

Thank you for answer. I also find out that vendor can change "bestselling" number.
Edit product / Add-ons / Bestselling- Sales Amount.
Regards

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:22 AM #4

Hello Maky,

Thank you for the provided information. I have forwarded it to our engineers. The will certainly consider it as well.

Thank you.

---
Pavel Zyukin
CS-Cart Support team

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• johdu
  • Trial users
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:15 PM #5

Hi, I have a workaround for this. You need to edit this template file: 'detailed_content.post.tpl' which is here:
\design\backend\templates\addons\bestsellers\hooks\products\

'detailed_content.post.tpl' is a very short file, you will find this line halfway down:

<input type="text" id="sales_amount" name="product_data[sales_amount]"

simply add readonly="true" into that line like this:

<input type="text" readonly="true" id="sales_amount" name="product_data[sales_amount]"

You will now find that the vendor (and you!) will be unable to change the value, but will still see it in the tabs.

I hope this helps,
John

• andymike123
  • Trial users
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:09 PM #6

Until the version 4.7.3, this hasnot been fixed. :confused:

• memel
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:59 AM #7

Until the version 4.7.3, this hasnot been fixed. :confused:

This is CS CART problem that vendors have too much rights and admin cannot control them.

How to change those two things (bestseller + popularity) that vendor can see but not allow them amend? 

Thank you.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17827 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 01:25 PM #8

design/backend/templates/addons/bestsellers/hooks/products/detailed_content.post.tpl

replace

<input type="text" id="sales_amount" name="product_data[sales_amount]" value="{$product_data.sales_amount|default:"0"}" class="input-large" size="10" />

with

<input type="text" id="sales_amount" name="product_data[sales_amount]" value="{$product_data.sales_amount|default:"0"}" class="input-large" size="10" {if $smarty.const.ACCOUNT_TYPE == 'vendor'}readonly="true"{/if} />

design/backend/templates/views/products/update.tpl

replace

<input type="text" name="product_data[popularity]" id="elm_product_popularity" size="55" value="{$product_data.popularity|default:0}" class="input-long" />

with

<input type="text" name="product_data[popularity]" id="elm_product_popularity" size="55" value="{$product_data.popularity|default:0}" class="input-long" {if $smarty.const.ACCOUNT_TYPE == 'vendor'}readonly="true"{/if} />

Then clear cache

(!) Not tested

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• memel
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:26 PM #9

design/backend/templates/addons/bestsellers/hooks/products/detailed_content.post.tpl

replace

<input type="text" id="sales_amount" name="product_data[sales_amount]" value="{$product_data.sales_amount|default:"0"}" class="input-large" size="10" />

with

<input type="text" id="sales_amount" name="product_data[sales_amount]" value="{$product_data.sales_amount|default:"0"}" class="input-large" size="10" {if $smarty.const.ACCOUNT_TYPE == 'vendor'}readonly="true"{/if} />

design/backend/templates/views/products/update.tpl

replace

<input type="text" name="product_data[popularity]" id="elm_product_popularity" size="55" value="{$product_data.popularity|default:0}" class="input-long" />

with

<input type="text" name="product_data[popularity]" id="elm_product_popularity" size="55" value="{$product_data.popularity|default:0}" class="input-long" {if $smarty.const.ACCOUNT_TYPE == 'vendor'}readonly="true"{/if} />

Then clear cache

(!) Not tested

As always eComLabs works perfect.

Thank you very much.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17827 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:31 AM #10

You are welcome! :)

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:15 PM #11

Issue reported in 2013 still NOT fixed? Five years for a simple tweak? 

• 12ka4
  • Trial users
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:13 PM #12

CS-cart team are you going to respond or just keep ignoring real issues?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17827 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:21 AM #13

Please post this issue  to the bug tracker

https://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/

This is community forum and not all messages are checked by CS-Cart team