• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Speed Up and Optimise CS-Cart Version 3 Rate Topic   * * * * * 9 votes

• TBOTECH
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:45 PM #81

I'll try the 301's that way instead of letting cPanel do it. - That works in my .htaccess.

redirect 301 /test301.htm http://www.tbotech.com/stun-gun.htm

<removed outdated live url> - It works but...

It works but it appends the test301.htm to the end of the redirected URL so it looks like:

Probably not a big deal having it look that way.

As it works fine, I am going to go through and manully rewrite my 60 or so 301 using that method.

gtmetrix gives me an A93% C76%

Page load time: 1.94s
Total page size: 377KB
Total number of requests: 65

Thanks a bunch, Stellar! I appreciate you helping me.

Edited by TBOTECH, 03 March 2013 - 12:58 AM.

• oemill
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:12 AM #82

The first part of this is for an affiliate program. Till it says: # End iDevAffiliate SEO Code

I do not have your code on this right now but when I put it in there my 301s didn't work. I do have the smart optimizer folder installed and everything worked fine and I was happy till I found out about the 301's. I may have just did it wrong but I don't know enough to know what the problem could be.

I have about 40 more of these 301 redirects.

Hi,

Try to move, for example:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^tbotech.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.tbotech.com$
RewriteRule ^index\.htm$ "http\:\/\/www\.tbotech\.com\.index\.php" [R=301,L]

immediately after:
RewriteBase /

Regards,
Emil

• Confusion
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:14 PM #83

I found that when adding the config.local.php section it started to strip out all the css used to set headers and footers. from the pages

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:32 AM #84

I found that when adding the config.local.php section it started to strip out all the css used to set headers and footers. from the pages

How and where are the CSS classes responsible for your headers/footers declared?
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• Confusion
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:11 AM #85

all the headers and footers were being applied from my_changes

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:16 AM #86

Even styles applied in my_changes are compressed when you enable "css_join = true" in config.local.php.

What is your file/folder structure and code used for the my_changes styles.post/pre/override.tpl and the relevent CSS file.

• harpersmoto
  • Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:27 PM #87

CSS join code works great. Had problems with it the first time around and just redid it today and has improved the site a lot.

The smartop ad-don though when I installed it decided to take every page of the website and send it to a 404 error page.
I prolly just installed it wrong!

Thanks
www.harpermoto.com

We have over 30,000 line products for your Moto guzzi Motorcycle!

• harpersmoto
  • Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:22 PM #88

With your code to change the join_css. Is there a way to tell it to not combine a certain styles sheet?

Under my parts lookup, under each category there is a style sheet that was created to take the data and put it in a table.

When I changed the join_css to true, it basically just ignores all my hooks.

How can I get the code to avoid this?
www.harpermoto.com

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:44 PM #89

Are these inline CSS styles? How are your custom stylesheets hooked into the cart?

• harpersmoto
  • Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:49 PM #90

Are these inline CSS styles? How are your custom stylesheets hooked into the cart?

I have a my_changes.css file located in "public_html/skins/basic/customer/addons/my_changes/css"
I do have other styles that work in there.

When I have the "combined css" as false. The code works.
When changed to True, the code stops working.
I even tried to move the code into the actually styles.css and it wouldn't work with the code changed to True.

This is the style code that I have in the my_changes.css:

/* Parts lookup Style Sheet*/
.plhead {font-style: italic;  font-size: 1.4em; margin-bottom: 15px;  }
.plimage {width: 490px; }
.plth {color: black; background: silver;}
.pltdpos, .pltdnum, .pltddes, .pltdvar {border-bottom: 1px solid silver; border-right: 1px solid silver;}
.pltdpos {border-left: 1px solid silver; }
.pltdpos {width: 40px; text-align: center; color: #006400;}
.pltdnum {width: 120px; text-align: center;}
.pltddes {width: 300px;}
.pltdvar {width: 100px;}

www.harpermoto.com

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12044 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:46 AM #91

As I read the smarty plugin code for the core/smarty/smarty_plugins/function.join_css.php file, it seems that it reads the template contents (the page) and then extracts all the 'link' tags that are stylesheets and combines them to one file and then regenerates the content (cached page template) using a single link to the combined css files.

I don't see any reason why the functionality would change unless somehow the order gets changed of combining the link tags. Big preg_match_callback() functions are used and to dissect it would take more time than I'm willing to apply.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:58 PM #92

I've just done the config.local.php optimisations and found some CSS was missing on a store I've just upgraded.

The only CSS classes which were missing from the compiled CSS file (in /var/cache/templates/css) were those with this CSS:

background: url{"http://fullpathtofil...roundimage.gif")

If the path is then changed to be relative, ie. "/images/backgroundimage.gif", the CSS class is included in the compiled version and everything is back to normal.

Strange...

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12044 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:07 PM #93

Not sure what they do, but I would think that's a feature to not have you use a FQDN with protocol specification. I.e. when you switch between http and https, this would cause you all sorts of problems. All imagery in css files should be relative to the css file. But then I'm not sure what they do with it when they relocate the css to a different path during consolidation. I'm guessing that they update the URL specifications.... Must be one hell of a regular expression....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• harpersmoto
  • Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:03 PM #94

Well I decided to check out the parts look-up this morning and looks like the code is working now with the join css code.

My tables are back to normal.

I'm not sure if it just had to update itself or maybe I cleared the cache and it worked then.
Either way, its working now. Big relief!
www.harpermoto.com

• Magpie Don
  • Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:23 PM #95

I've joined the CSS, minified the JS, set Cache-Control headers in .htaccess, and enabled Apache mod_deflate.

When I installed XCache on my server, it trimmed 1.5 sec off the page load time.

CS-Cart Ultimate ver 4.11.3

• Scott_C
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:57 AM #96

I've done a writeup on losslessly reducing image sizes here; http://forum.cs-cart...ge-compression/ You can shave off over 50% of filesize on existing images, lower your bandwidth transfer, and pageload time. You loose NOTHING in quality of the image.

• martfox
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:04 AM #97

I've joined the CSS, minified the JS, set Cache-Control headers in .htaccess, and enabled Apache mod_deflate.

When I installed XCache on my server, it trimmed 1.5 sec off the page load time.

Very well working combination is eAccelerator + memcached

Buy CS-Cart License | CS-Cart Hosting
CS-Cart VPS SSD Cloud Hosting from $4,90/month *** Dedicated Servers *** CS-Cart Authorized Reseller and Web Hosting Provider

• criz2013
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:54 PM #98

Hi,
I followed the all of the steps but then my website is all out of whack. It did show an improvement of gtmetrix from f to c but the website is out of whack, it does not display the images correctly.

• martfox
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:15 PM #99

Hi,
I followed the all of the steps but then my website is all out of whack. It did show an improvement of gtmetrix from f to c but the website is out of whack, it does not display the images correctly.

Can you provide the URL to your cart?

Buy CS-Cart License | CS-Cart Hosting
CS-Cart VPS SSD Cloud Hosting from $4,90/month *** Dedicated Servers *** CS-Cart Authorized Reseller and Web Hosting Provider

• mazter
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:30 AM #100

Hi, everytime cache is refreshed css filename changes. Checking back apache server logs, I keep finding Google and other search engines trying to access old .css files which are now replaced with the newest randomly generated file.

Does anybody find this issue problematic from SEO stand point?

Can smartoptimizer / webo / CSCart's core css combination functionality be modified to generate non-randomized file name (ex: styles.css) ?