• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3.0.4 Ultimate really slow on product pages Rate Topic   - - - - -

• willowisp
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:10 PM #1

My CS-Cart 3 product pages are really slow: time to first byte is over 5 seconds. Example is the iPad 2 black page: ndex.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=240

I just installed the trial version of CS-Cart 3.0.4 Ultimate on a fresh ubuntu 12.10 VM. It's running on 2GB, intel core i7 CPU (2 cores) and a recent SSD drive. I haven't added any products: it's running on demo data. Any hints or tips?

• willowisp
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:15 PM #2

Oh, and I did some measurement on MySQL: one product page pageview performs over 2000 SQL queries!

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:58 PM #3

Is gzip installed on the server? If not, ensure it is.

In the root of the store, edit the values in config.local.php to enable compression, CSS joining, etc.
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• willowisp
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:16 AM #4

gzip is installed. I changed the values you mentioned, but it doesn't seem to make a significant difference.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:18 AM #5

I didnt have any speed problems with a recent 3.0.4 Ultimate install on my server. I would suggest your problem is caused somewhere in your server configuration. I'm sure I read a post on the forum in the last couple of days about another user having slow load times on product pages using the default skin and demo data, last I seen CS-Cart were investigating the users issues.

• willowisp
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:07 AM #6

Well, if CS-Cart needs a very specific server configuration, they should mention that in the installation instructions. It is a very standard Ubuntu installation on fast hardware, so i don't see any reason why it should be slow.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:29 PM #7

See the post I created here on speeding up CS Cart v3. The stats provided in the post are for a 3.0.4 Ultimate store.

• willowisp
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:18 PM #8

Thanks for the post, but I had already tried those. Also, they will not speed up the time to first byte, but only the total loading time.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:00 PM #9

Joe Public will never care about how your site works, only the fact that it does work. Slow page loading times = low conversion rates. Fast page loading times = higher conversion rates.

• willowisp
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:01 AM #10

Yes, that's why I want to optimize the speed. If the time to first byte is over 5 seconds the page will never be fast. I see that all the CSS, images, etc load quickly enough as soon as the page starts loading. So, CSS joining, compression etc will help, but not enough to really improve it to a point where it will be quick enough.

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:06 PM #11

Only 2 of my CS-Cart stores post a time to first byte of over 1 second. Most are around 0.6-0.8 seconds.

Guess if you're experiencing 5 seconds then your server isn't configured properly, you have CS-Cart installation problems, or your server hardware doesn't make the cut, which is unlikely given the specs.

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1763 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:10 AM #12

What is your server php version? Maybe you have the Required Products addon enabled.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• bigjmart
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:10 PM #13

Make sure g-zip is installed and working properly. You can activate it in cpanel and test it here:

http://www.whatsmyip...mpression-test/

Also, I recommend purchasing webo site speedup... I bought it last night and it loaded my page so much faster! I went from a 73 load score with google to a 93 load score with google... it costs $25 and can be installed as an addon. Very easy to use and compresses all of the css and codes.

Good luck. Nothing like a fast website.

• bigjmart
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:12 PM #14

Also, make sure your images arent too big. Try in the admin section to go to the thumbnails tab and reduce the quality of the image to a lower number (I use 80 and it works good). Try to make them JPEG instead of another file types as well. This should all help.

Make sure you don't have a lot of products per page which can reduce the loading time of the page and make sure your databases are optimized

• beta
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:14 AM #15

Disable "Products required" addon , improve and fixed this problem.

• juniorsoft
  • Trial users
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:54 PM #16

Or maybe your server / host is work to low