Checkout Content Issue *Needs Better Solution*

This is an issue that I am not sure many may know about. When a customer checks out, these messages show up during the shipping options page below the customer text box. I came across this while doing an order on behalf of a customer. It was a time consuming efort to find out where to change this message. To change it you must go to the languages and search for the shipping_tips Language variable. I did not like the wording and obviously the phone number was not correct.

My question is why would this specific message not be something that is easier to find and to edit? Why can’t the phone number in this message be referenced to the store phone number already in the admin panel?

I suggest this message and others like it, especially one that may reference a specific customer contact method, be easier to find and change. I am still a novice user with CSCART and utilized the store development function to find the class and specific reference to the language description. It was an hour of my life I will not get back… :mrgreen:

I have attached a screen shot of the cscart demo store checkout to show what the message looks like.

Everything is just done through the languages and is super easy to edit. Just copy a chunk of the text and go to Administration => Languages and paste that text into the search box and search for it.

For example, if you search for Products in stock, you'll get like 1 result and then you can easily change it to whatever you want. No need for code changes.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1354894663' post='150683']

Everything is just done through the languages and is super easy to edit. Just copy a chunk of the text and go to Administration => Languages and paste that text into the search box and search for it.

For example, if you search for Products in stock, you'll get like 1 result and then you can easily change it to whatever you want. No need for code changes.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I know that now, but I was just surprised to see a generic phone number that was not tied to call on specific information. This software has so many variables and functions, it takes a long time to learn them all.

I hope you get that hour back…

remember in life grasshopper everything is a lesson, some take time but the real fun is learning.

If you can take the pebbles from my hands… :grin:

[attachment=6207:grasshopper.jpg]

grasshopper.jpg

Having it in the language variable is correct. However the phone number should be at abstracted and be replaced during the insertion with the phone number of the store. They do this in many lang cars like [store_phone]„

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1355015589' post='150735']

Having it in the language variable is correct. However the phone number should be at abstracted and be replaced during the insertion with the phone number of the store. They do this in many lang cars like [store_phone]„

[/quote]

That is what I was trying to get at. Get the language variables, just not the phone number thing.

As far as I'm aware you can't use {variables} in the language value field. Therefore it would currently be impossible to have the language value field as “Blah blah blah. Call us on {store_phone} to talk about pizza”. Perhaps someone knows otherwise, but in my experience this doesn't work and would need quite a hack to get around.

The way this is done in other areas of the cart is:

```php

{"[store_pone]"|str_replace:$settings.Company.company_phone:$lang.some_lang_string}

```
Which will replace instances of "[strore_phone]" with the Company setting for company_phone.

Personally I think the current implementation is a bug and the template should be fixed to do this (though they will probably have to change the language variable since overwriting a language variable on an upgrade would be very bad indeed.

Useful info thanks :-)