From Volusion to CS-Cart

I'm moving from Volusion to CS-Cart - does anyone have any recommendations on how to get my customer and order information into CS-Cart that doesn't involve a third party company?

It'll be a lot of hassle to do this manually, but it can be done via exporting your Volusion data to CSV, manipulating the data, then importing into CS-Cart.

Cart2Cart offer Volusion to CS-Cart migration, which includes virtually all data as standard, or you can request a custom migration for full data migration from one cart to another.

I have used them a few times in the past and most recently admittedly received a poor service, but these problems have been rectified and I can't fault their migration once it is completed for the cost you won't find any better service for migrating to CS-Cart.

[quote name='Evie' timestamp='1354807162' post='150583']

I'm moving from Volusion to CS-Cart - does anyone have any recommendations on how to get my customer and order information into CS-Cart that doesn't involve a third party company?

[/quote]

Hello Evie,

Cart2Cart supports automated data transfer to CS-Cart. We offer simple (no programming skills necessary) and reasonably priced (check pricing page) data transfer service. Which can help you to migrate your customer and order data smoothly.

Cart2Cart constantly improves service quality. As a third party company we performed thousands of successful migrations. That is why we guarantee highly secured and accurate data migration.

So, in case if you change your mind and decide to use 3rd party company Cart2Cart is here to help you.

For more convenience you can also request assisted migration. Please visit our website for more details. In case of any questions and issued don't hesitate and contact us.

Evie I am wondering if you have moved from Volusion to CS Cart. I also intend to do this and just wondering if you had much trouble with it and what method did you use.

I did make the move, however, since the only recommendation I got ignored the “doesn't involve a third party” aspect of my question, I ended up importing everything manually. For products, I exported everything from Volusion and manipulated the file for import into CS Cart. It took some time, but I'm glad it did, as I now have more understanding of the cart itself. Same for customers. However, since I couldn't move order information, I imported what information I could, but then I kept my Volusion cart up for a month after the move so that I could process any refunds from orders made on the Volusion cart.

Good luck! One thing you should know that I did not before moving to CS Cart - the checkout is entirely different. You cannot charge from within the cart if you do credit cards only. Volusion would pre-authorize the card, then when you were ready to ship, charge the card. CS Cart only pre-authorizes. You have to go into your merchant gateway's terminal to finalize a charge or process a refund. It's a pain in the butt, to say the least.