Better (i think) category navigation

Hi All,

My site makes use of a 1st level navigation bar set to display top level categories (Top Nav) and a 2nd level navigation menu on the left hand side of all pages excepting the home page. See screenshot attached.

On category pages (ie. those linked from the 1st level nav), I would like this 2nd level nav to include the subcategories for the currently selected category. Ie. if you look at the screenshot, the left nav shouldn't show clothing, sleepy time, bath time, etc - these are already accessible from top nav. It should show baby, boys, girls, shoes, etc.

The problem is, both default CS-Cart nav styles show all categories. I'm not a fan of the hover either is at can be tricky on touch screens and easy to lose were you are.

Is there any way to set the category block so that it will look at the categories one level down from the currently selected category in top menu?

Thanks,

Ben

category-menu-options.jpg

Any help?

Will this addon help? CS-Cart Dynamic Category Addon

We have a version for cs-cart 3.x also.

Maybee Design>Block>Categorie Block

Filling with “dynamic tree”

so will display the current categories section and not the “Full tree”

@CSCartrocks - maybe… can't tell from the 2.x version… I can't see how it would behave if you are using both types of nav. Do you have a 3.x demo?

@posto, Thanks! Don't know how I missed that :-s Its close to what I am after configured like that. 1 quirk however when using the 'Dropdown vertical' template; there is no visual indication that a subcategory has further subcategories underneath it until after you click on it. Once you click you get a disclose arrow >. I've set Template = text links and while you lose the fly out effect, its easier to navigate.

cheers,

Ben

[quote name=‘BenMD’ timestamp=‘1354944530’ post=‘150717’]

@CSCartrocks - maybe… can’t tell from the 2.x version… I can’t see how it would behave if you are using both types of nav. Do you have a 3.x demo?

cheers,

Ben

[/quote]

Hi Ben, here is the demo for you. :)

@CSCartrocks Its really unclear what your addon does. Please add a product description.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1355028090' post='150737']

@CSCartrocks Its really unclear what your addon does. Please add a product description.

[/quote]

The addon will show a sidebox categories menu which contains the current top level subcategories, other top level menus will not be shown.