• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Error: Twigmo add-on you are using is obsolete

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:37 AM #1

All my 2.2.4 and 2.2.5 stores are displaying the notification:

Notice: A new version of Twigmo add-on is available! Click here to download it.

The 'Click here to download it' link points to "twigmo.cs225.zip" on both sites. I have also tried "twigmo.cs22x.zip", uninstalling Twigmo inbetween upgrades, flushing the cache, etc, to no avail.

I have manually upgraded to both of these versions, yet the original upgrade notice is still shown. In Addons>Twigmo>Edit, Twigmo Version 2.2 is displayed. Which is the latest?

Regardless, even when Twigmo Version displays as 2.2, I still get this error when I click Connect.

Error: The Twigmo add-on you are using is obsolete. Please download the latest add-on at https://www.cs-cart....stallation.html, re-install it and re-connect it to the Twigmo server once again.

I don't have any problems with Twigmo on my V3 sites.

Anyone else experiencing this on 2.2.4 or 2.2.5?

It's driving me nuts!
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• ildar
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:21 AM #2

StellarBytes,

We are sorry to hear you experience this issue with Twigmo add-on.

The latest version of Twigmo is 2.3. Both files (twigmo.cs225.zip and twigmo.cs22x.zip) you tried to install are equal and they are correct for using with CS-Cart 2.2.x. We have checked this package once again - it is correct.

Taking into account the notification "Twigmo Version 2.2", I believe the add-on upgrade went wrong for some reason.

Please re-install the add-on from scratch in the following way:

1) Log in to the admin panel of your CS-Cart, go to Administration > Add-ons. Click on Uninstall next to Twigmo. The add-on will be uninstalled.

2) Now it is required to delete all the Twigmo add-on files manually:

In CS-Cart v. 2.1.4 or 2.2.x, remove all files from the following directories of your CS-Cart installation:

addons/twigmo
var/skins_repository/base/admin/addons/twigmo
var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/twigmo

In CS-Cart 3.0.x, remove all files from the following directories:

addons/twigmo
var/skins_repository/basic/admin/addons/twigmo
var/skins_repository/basic/customer/addons/twigmo

3) Download the latest version of the Twigmo add-on:

http://www.cs-cart.c...stallation.html
(please pay attention that the add-on distribution package is different for CS-Cart versions 2.1.4, 2.2.x and 3.0.x - make sure you download the proper package)

4) Unpack the add-on distribution package directly on your server (in the CS-Cart root directory) or unpack it locally and then upload the directories and files to your server by FTP.

In CS-Cart v. 2.1.4 or 2.2.x, you must get the following result - the following 3 directories populated with files:

addons/twigmo
var/skins_repository/base/admin/addons/twigmo
var/skins_repository/base/customer/addons/twigmo

In CS-Cart 3.0.x, the populated directories must be as follows:

addons/twigmo
var/skins_repository/basic/admin/addons/twigmo
var/skins_repository/basic/customer/addons/twigmo

Please note that all the add-on directories must have 755 permissions or higher. The files must have 644 permissions or higher.

5) In the admin panel of your CS-Cart, go to Administration > Add-ons. Click on the Install link next to Twigmo.

Now go to the Twigmo settings page and connect it to Twigmo service.

After that visit your store website with an iOS, Android or Windows Phone 7 device to see its mobile version in action.

If the problem is still there, please submit a ticket to our Customer Help Desk and we will examine the issue. We might need to have temporary access to your website by FTP, so please submit your FTP login and password on the "Access information" page in your Help Desk account together with your ticket.

We added the auto-upgrade feature to Twigmo add-on 2.3, so the future upgrades should be smooth.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Going mobile is easy! Check out our tool for making e-commerce site mobile visitors friendly - Twigmo Mobile Front-End.

Have an idea how to improve Twigmo? Share it with us!