Stripe Payment Add-On v3 from SecureMyshop

Has anyone used Stripe Payment Add-On v3 from SecureMyshop? http://securemyshop…-add-on-v3.html

Any feedback on the usage?

Thanks!

Tony

I purchased the addon a few days ago and have just installed it. Also just got my first order and it showed up in my Stripe Dashboard instantly. I'm going to keep using it going forward. I'll let you know if it continues to work well.

Hope that helps.

I think it works great, but then again, I may be biased. 8)

[quote name=‘ticeholdings’ timestamp=‘1361398106’ post=‘155981’]

I think it works great, but then again, I may be biased. 8)

[/quote]

Hi Jeremy, I was considering purchasing this but the add to cart buttons are missing from all of your products, instead there is an error:Unable to read resource: /home/securemy/public_html/skins/basic/customer/buttons/add_to_cart.tpl (also you cannot register on the site the register button is gone…not very user friendly lol)

Hi jhagg,

You were correct. That's what I get for experimenting on a live site.

It's been resolved.

Sorry for the delay. Stripe works even when I don't.

[quote name='ticeholdings' timestamp='1361419008' post='156003']

Hi jhagg,

You were correct. That's what I get for experimenting on a live site.

It's been resolved.

Sorry for the delay. Stripe works even when I don't.

[/quote]

Nope it doesn't work either under credit card options is the error:

Unable to read resource: /home/securemy/public_html/skins/securemyshop/customer/views/orders/components/payments/cc_stripe.tpl

I purchased this addon too. I had to do some tinkering to make it work. I can't remember what exactly. Maybe the files were in the wrong place or something. Took me about 15 minutes to fix it though.

Once I had the problems fixed, i was able to get everything set up and do some test orders. Everything worked exactly the way it is supposed to. Since then, I've gotten numerous orders and everything works great.

Just a side question for Jeremy. I got a Discover Card box in the mail today. Does Stripe do Discover? Yes, I realize I could probably go to Stripe and find out, but figured I'd ask here.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1361421832' post='156006']

I purchased this addon too. I had to do some tinkering to make it work. I can't remember what exactly. Maybe the files were in the wrong place or something. Took me about 15 minutes to fix it though.

Once I had the problems fixed, i was able to get everything set up and do some test orders. Everything worked exactly the way it is supposed to. Since then, I've gotten numerous orders and everything works great.

Just a side question for Jeremy. I got a Discover Card box in the mail today. Does Stripe do Discover? Yes, I realize I could probably go to Stripe and find out, but figured I'd ask here.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Thanks Brandon, I may ask for your assistance if I can get to checkout his cart.

All is well now.

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1361421832' post='156006']

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

Hi Brandon,

Yes you can accept all 4 major cards through Stripe with no additional fees

[quote name='requincreative' timestamp='1361455803' post='156053']

All is well now.

[/quote]

Hi Jeremy,

I purchased the add-on order #27 but the download was empty, can you please send me the add-on ASAP? Thank you.

In your email inbox now.

I seem to have run into a problem. A customer in the UK tried to place an order today using the mobile front end (Twigmo) and the payment failed with the error: “You must supply either a card or a customer id.”

Any fixes for this, or can Stripe not be used with Twigmo?

UPDATE: The customer tried the order again with her PayPal account and it worked fine. It looks like when she was trying with credit card she was not logged in, but when she tried PayPal she was logged in. Is that a known issue (or feature?) with Twigmo, that you have to be logged in to pay with credit card?

I am not sure about the limitations of Twigmo. I'll defer to CS-Cart Support on that one.

Hi Jeremy, Just letting you know I received the add-on through your e-mail, have installed it and it's working great, will recommend this to anyone looking for a single payment solution. Do you happen to know if there are transaction limits or weekly/monthly payout limits? Cannot seem to find that answer anywhere?

No limits. Deposits are made on a 7-day rolling basis from the date of the transaction.

Great, thanks.

[b] Found the FAQ's for you guys: https://stripe.com/us/help/faq[/b]

What types of payments can I accept with Stripe?

[color=#333333][font=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]

You can use Stripe to accept credit and debit card payments. The set of card brands you can accept depends on where you're located:[/size][/font][/color][list]

[]United States businesses can accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.

[
]Canada businesses can accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.

[/list]

Stripe's rates seem higher than some other options. What's the deal?

The simplicity of our pricing smoothes over a lot of fee variations that some other payment providers use as opportunities to tack on extra fees. For example:[/size][/font][/color][list]

[]We don't charge a different rate for American Express charges; with some other providers you may pay ~3.5%.

[
]We don't charge extra fees for non-U.S. credit cards; many others charge an extra ~1.0%.

[]We don't obscure your costs behind hard-to-predict “qualified” and “non-qualified” card categories.

[
]We don't charge for storing cards or recurring billing.

[]We don't charge a monthly subscription.

[
]We don't hide additional fees inside separate “gateway” or “assessment” pricing.

[*]We don't charge for invalid or declined card data.

[/list]

Can I get a better rate if I have high volume?

Yes! Email us at support@stripe.com if you're on track to charge over $1 million this year.[/size][/font][/color]

What is the minimum amount I can charge with Stripe?

$0.50. We don't want you to lose money on a transaction.

I've done some more investigating, including trying to place an order myself through Twigmo. The customer is never taken to a place where they can enter credit card details. After completing step 4 of the checkout (choose payment method) they are taken to step 5 and the only option there is to “Place Order.” Then they get the message “[color=#000000][font=monospace][size=3]You must supply either a card or a customer id”. [/size][/font][/color]I've lodged a ticket with CS-Cart support to see if it's something they can sort out.

If I switch to PayPal Pro in Administration>Payment Methods, when I choose to pay with credit card in Twigmo, I am given a form to enter credit card details.

So looks like there is some incompatibility between this Stripe add-on and Twigmo…