How do I track inventory for product options?

I see that in my products I can add options (i.e. size, color, etc), and I can even add price modifiers, photos, and such to those options.

But how do I track inventory for those options?

If I have a shirt, and my quantities are:

S = 5

M = 5

L = 2

If someone buys 2 of the Large, will the large option on the front end go away?

Does anyone know how to do this?

Hello npearson,

Thank you for your message.

You can use the Option combinations feature in this case. So I suggest that you should create option combinations and specify the necessary quantity for each option combination. In order to create it you should do the following:

1. In the CS-Cart administration panel, go to Products > Products.
  2. Click on the name of the necessary product.
  3. Select the Track with options option in the Inventory drop-down list and click the Save button.
  4. Open the Options tab and click on the Edit link of the necessary option.
  5. Select the Inventory check box and click the Save button (repeat steps 4-5 for every necessary product option).
  6. Click on the Option combinations link.
  7. In the opened window, click on the rebuild option combination link.
  8. Specify quantity for the necessary option combinations and click the Save button.

Please note that the Track with options option will be available in the Inventory drop-down list only after one or more options for a product are created. If no options are created for a product, the Track with options option will not be displayed in the Inventory drop-down list on the editing product page.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I have additional questions on options so thought this would be a good place to ask for those that follow later.

I have set-up 3 product options and I have currently about 4000 products listed. If we look at one of the products we find the following options available to shoppers; The below means I have a total of 5 of these products in stock.

Good = 1

Average = 1

Poor = 3

1. Because I do updates at a rate of about 1000 products a each time I will be using the IMPORT PRODUCTS feature. But I see nothing in the export file to indicate I have these options in these levels. All I have is the options title and a total stock of 6. How do I edit each option level easily and quickly ?

2. As ask by the OP, if a option level is “0” I don't want that option show - I use radio buttons section - I don't want the customer to have click each radio button to only be told “out of stock” for each.

1; not 100% but try to export option combinations

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1357572151' post='152296']

1; not 100% but try to export option combinations

John

[/quote]

Yes that helps, I think thanks.

This option of adding a variation is good but what if each item has a separate barcode?

eg. 1 item, 3 sizes = 3 items. in their own right they are different items so each item has a different product number and different barcode, I see there is an option for the different product numbers but not the different barcodes?

How do you get around this?

[quote name='fwaTony' timestamp='1399628933' post='183195']

This option of adding a variation is good but what if each item has a separate barcode?

eg. 1 item, 3 sizes = 3 items. in their own right they are different items so each item has a different product number and different barcode, I see there is an option for the different product numbers but not the different barcodes?

How do you get around this?

[/quote]

did you ever get an answer for this? I have the same problem with V3.

[quote name='kayoz' timestamp='1420850519' post='202134']

did you ever get an answer for this? I have the same problem with V3.

[/quote]

If you setup different sku for each option combination, then the barcode should be different also.