Enable/disable product tab for specific products

Hi guys

I have a small issue woth products tabs (or just I dont get it)

I read in reference guide [color=#333333][font=Verdana][size=3]Enable/disable product tab for specific products[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial][size=3]

â–ª [font=Verdana]Enable/disable product tab for specific products[/font] [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial][size=3]

• To enable a product tab for specific products, click Enable for. This opens a form for adding products from the catalog. Add product’s which must have the tab on their details pages. Other products will not use this tab. [/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial][size=3]

• To disable a product tab for specific products, click Disable for. This opens a form for adding products from the catalog. Add product’s which must not have the tab on their details pages. Other products will continue using this tab. [/size][/font][/color]

All i find is only disable for certain products. I need the opposite, to enable it for only a few products.

So if the above is not real then I have to disable this tab for about 2350 products inorder for the this tab to appear in only 5 products!

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Fotis

Thats how it is, strange but true.

John

HI John,

yes I know, strange…

Support. Any comments or solution to this?

Fotis

Design >product tabs onglet =off

5 Products onglet only = On

Nice workaround!

I would like the support opinion on this nevertheless… (why reference guide has a non existing solution?)

Fotis

I searched a long time for this solution

Lucien

Thanks Lucien

Its a great solution, but the reference guide is wrong. Either they had that in mind doing it and they forgot it, or it is totaly wrong.

I d like to know if this is goig to be fixed or not. It is actualy the right way to aproache this. All in one place.

But thanks again man.

Fotis

i can’t make new tab on detail product :(

why ???

to get only selected products to show up with your tab you need to do the following.

1. add the tab under design>product tabs
  2. disable the tab after, being added
  3. click to edit the newly added tab, in the status area it should show Global status as disabled. now select (add) the products on which you want the tab to show.
  4. do not make this tab active and the new tab should show up only on products you selected. if you make the tab active it removes the items you select in the status area and turns the Global status to all, which makes the tab show on all pages.

hello guys how can make enable for? [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Design >product tabs onglet =off <------what is onglet?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]and how can i make block for (enable for —> select category then apply all product of category's product)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]someone know ? [/font][/color]

Onglet = Tab