Alt-team Add-On: "In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses"

Dear friends!

Today we would like to announce an add-on from Alt-team - In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses add-on that lets you assign custom stock statuses to the products.

This add-on can be a really good contribution to any CS-Cart online store.

OUT OF STOCK

Features:

• Ability to replace the default In stock/Out-of-stock status with an image or message.
  • Ability to use WYSIWYG and HTML editor to edit an alternative status.
  • Ability to specify quantity ranges and a stock status for each range.
  • Ability to display the number of products left in stock in the storefront. Inventory is calculated and refreshed automatically. Use [x] variable within a stock status to display product quantity. For example “Only [x] left in stock!”.
  • Ability to assign alternative statuses for products in bulk via Global update.
  • Alternative status is displayed on a product details page and a products list.

Current price is $79.

Compatibility

This add-on is compatible with CS-Cart Professional/Multi-Vendor 2.2.x, CS-Cart Professional/Ultimate/Multi-Vendor 3.0.x., CS-Cart v.4.

You can get more details, try demo and purchase the add-on, just Contact us .

Best regards,
Alt-team

Hello everyone!

To reduce some questions that we get regarding this add-on, I've attached a screenshot that shows the following:

1. alternative stock statuses can be an alternative way to show labels;
  2. it's possible to create any statuses that will replace the standard In Stock/Out-of-stock. Inventory function is not influenced;
  3. this is how alternative stock statuses look like in a products list.

Please note, there are no predefined templates for stock statuses, stock statuses are specified by an administrator using HTML/WYSIWYG editor.

See the attached screenshot.

Best regards, Alt-team

stock_statuses _labels.png

Nice one!

This is a really good add-on and has solved a big problem we had. Installation was perfect with good instructions and a good price alt-team also have excellent communications - Thanks for a great service :grin:

You missed on trick, one which because of a bug can not now be set in the options or filters.

That is to allow customers on the front end to choose between displaying “Only instock” and “Out of stock” items.

[quote name=‘selectcase’ timestamp=‘1365422689’ post=‘159607’]

This is a really good add-on and has solved a big problem we had. Installation was perfect with good instructions and a good price alt-team also have excellent communications - Thanks for a great service :grin:

[/quote]

Thank you, selectcase, for your positive feedback! We really appreciate it.

[quote name=‘kickoff3pm’ timestamp=‘1365423060’ post=‘159608’]

You missed on trick, one which because of a bug can not now be set in the options or filters.

That is to allow customers on the front end to choose between displaying “Only instock” and “Out of stock” items.

[/quote]

Hello kickoff3pm!

The In stock/Out-of-Stock alternative statuses add-on doesn’t influence the inventory function. It only allows you to replace the standard status with a custom one but the stock availability is not influenced. So, the add-on can’t effect any filter/features/options. If you have an exact example that could show us the bug in the add-on, please let us know it, we will investigate the problem.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1365509433' post='159680']

Thank you, selectcase, for your positive feedback! We really appreciate it.

Hello kickoff3pm!

The In stock/Out-of-Stock alternative statuses add-on doesn't influence the inventory function. It only allows you to replace the standard status with a custom one but the stock availability is not influenced. So, the add-on can't effect any filter/features/options. If you have an exact example that could show us the bug in the add-on, please let us know it, we will investigate the problem.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

Sorry perhaps I didn't explain it well, the is not bug in your plugin as far as I know, I don't use it.

A few cs-cart updates back, the ability to create a “instock” filter was removed from the filter types options in cs-cart. It's a bug the cs-cart staff don't seem keen to fix but they know about it.

Perhaps it's only me but because all my items are unique I would like the ability to show out of stock as default. And then give the logged in member a button to hide out of stock. I see this as a good marketing tactic as even if people visit a link to an out of stock item at least they know who will stock the unique item in the future.

Dear kickoff3pm, now your point is absolutely clear!

We have noted down your idea and try to implement such an add-on for CS-Cart users providing some free time and enthusiasm of our programmers. Thank you.

Best regards, Alt-team

Dear CS-Cart users!

Our In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses add-on is now compatible with CS-Cart 4.

This add-on allows admin to add their own stock statuses (images, designed text). Also, it allows to display the number of products left in stock and add any other extra information for a product (fast delivery, bestseller, etc.)

You are welcome to read more details and try demo here http://www.alt-team…ses-add-on.html

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1365685228' post='159802']

Dear kickoff3pm, now your point is absolutely clear!

We have noted down your idea and try to implement such an add-on for CS-Cart users providing some free time and enthusiasm of our programmers. Thank you.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

hope you re-consider making this addon soon

any

[quote name='buging' timestamp='1393009236' post='177970'] hope you re-consider making this addon soon any [/quote]

Hello buging!

We offer a new free Stock filter add-on here Stock filter CS-Cart add-on

The add-on is compatible with CS-Cart 4.1.x. You are welcome to download it.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1393329105' post='178190']

Hello buging!

We offer a new free Stock filter add-on here http://www.alt-team…ter-add-on.html

The add-on is compatible with CS-Cart 4.1.x. You are welcome to download it.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

thank you alt-team! Will it work with 4.0.3?

[quote name='buging' timestamp='1393409177' post='178302']

thank you alt-team! Will it work with 4.0.3?

[/quote]

We've tested the add-on for CS-Cart 4.1.2 but it should work for CS-Cart 4.0.x as well. There shouldn't be any difference. If something is wrong, please let us know, we'll figure it out.

Best regards, Alt-team

It works just fine! thank you

Love the Mod.

It would actually be nice if this somehow worked with the inventory status, maybe in terms of when inventory hit zero the status changed to another status and >/=1 visa versa. The issue is that we have to change your status manually pretty constantly back and forth. We are constantly having confused customers calling and saying we had something showing in stock with zero available.

There is also no way to tie it into the Google product feed statuses, otherwise.

I realize this wouldn't be easy to implement, but it's certainly something I'd pay a little extra for.

Thanks,

Jack

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1393693370' post='178559']

Love the Mod.

It would actually be nice if this somehow worked with the inventory status, maybe in terms of when inventory hit zero the status changed to another status and >/=1 visa versa. The issue is that we have to change your status manually pretty constantly back and forth. We are constantly having confused customers calling and saying we had something showing in stock with zero available.

There is also no way to tie it into the Google product feed statuses, otherwise.

I realize this wouldn't be easy to implement, but it's certainly something I'd pay a little extra for.

Thanks,

Jack

[/quote]

Hello Jack,

Please contact us, the developer will give the best quote for you.

Best regards, Alt-team

OK, but I think it's something that should be considered as an update. Are there others here that would pay for the ability to tie it into the CS-Cart inventory numbers? This is a weak point in CS-Cart, IMHO.

Jack

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1393863703' post='178640']

OK, but I think it's something that should be considered as an update. Are there others here that would pay for the ability to tie it into the CS-Cart inventory numbers? This is a weak point in CS-Cart, IMHO.

Jack

[/quote]

Hello Jack,

Let's clarify what add-on needs an update to avoid a confusion. This thread is devoted to our In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses add-on that works with the inventory pretty good. Admin can set alternative statuses for the product quantity and statuses will change automatically depending on the quantity left in stock (for example, admin can set a status Coming soon for a zero quantity and this status will be shown in the storefront once the product quantity reached zero).

If you mean the Stock filter add-on that was also mentioned in this thread, this add-on is a free one and the developer doesn't plan to add new features to it (it can be done for an extra charge though).

If I get something wrong, please let me know.

Best regards, Alt-team

Good question.

Went back to my invoice from you. Currently we are running v3.06 and am updating to v 4.x asap.

But what I have now running is: CS-Cart “Shipping availability” add-on Code: shipping availability

There is no tie to the inventory, just labels.

Are we taiking about two different mods? The above sounds perfect…

Jack

Ahh, ok, these are two different mods it looks like. Can I upgrade?? If I do will I have to reassign availability statuses to the entire store again??