• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IXXO cart vs CSCART Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:45 PM #1

Hello just was wondering if some one here does not have any experiences with this software ?

I am thinking about another one cart but honesty I were not able to find some better one than cscart so far :-)

This cart is working with joomla or wordpress or standalone but price is a bit higher

Thanks a lot

• Guest_Matthew_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:21 PM #2

I am using IXXO Cart and I would say that the price difference is not a big deal if you consider what you get.
CS Cart is powerful too but my poor opinion is that IXXO Cart is a step ahead.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:44 PM #3

ooo thanks mate they offered half price to me to today :-) and have no idea what I did you 590 usd and 300 usd its a f deal :-) ok I will try buy it today

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:46 PM #4

and I have no idea what to do :-)

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:43 PM #5

OK I bought ixxo cart plus for word press and wonder too much :-) I will refer about that soon :-)
in the worst situation I still have a cscart :-)

• e-carter
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:53 AM #6

Looking at the company website and their Demo shop i would call it Black Box cart or Very Back Side of the Moon cart.

After reading this pretty fresh yet review on IXXO: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ixxo-Cart-Plus-software-license-for-only-1-Joomla-2-5-compatible-/251053774721?
- i'd say, you get what you pay for... only if you buy this cart on eBay.
I am not happy with speed of cs-cart and its not being adopted for direct sql uploading remotely but i cannot find any other cart that would satisfy both needs.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2405 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:57 AM #7

ooo thanks mate they offered half price to me to today :-) and have no idea what I did you 590 usd and 300 usd its a f deal :-) ok I will try buy it today

You are realizing you are trusting a guest post here?

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:40 PM #8

e-carter I know I did try find some another one cart age :-) and could not but

" Anyone who has never made mistake has never tried anything new"Albert Einstein :-)

I was reading that one from ebay and honesty which cart has only customers who are all satisfied ? :-)

I have been thinking about bigger project and had taste try another one product

I bought for word press but did not tried yet :-) I do not want speak something wrong to cscart I have one store and thinking about one more resp about ultimate version

I already know I have got a little bit more because there is a facebook store :-)

And think wordprpress would be a bit better in the seo

and last one I will never paid 590 usd for this software but for 300 I decided to try that one :-)

as blind one said we will see :-)

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1454 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:30 AM #9

Hi

From a quick tour back and frontend I don't think you can compare those two.

Admin:No special features what so ever, ugly joomla, very simple , long screens.
Frontend:no Block management, ugly cart and checkout, neutral product screen, no Ajax on product lists, very common design in all

Too expensive!

Just my opinion

Fotis
Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• Chico
  • Trial users
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:13 PM #10

Hello,
because it deals with the production of websites in Joomla! CMS I made a shop in
VirtueMart and I have to say that this is not the right shop.
As VirtueMart is IXXO only Addons to Joomla!

StandAlone and cost between 895 - 1495 $, Basic (295 $) is compatible only with the Joomla!
I looked Demo (backend and frontend), nothing extra, CS Cart offers so much more.
What: OpenCart, Magneto, Presta ...?

P.S. Fotis, Joomla! not ugly :grin:
Best regards Chico

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1454 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 AM #11

Hi Chico

I know I use joomla for small projects, but 1.5 is ugly.

So is this software.

Joomla is capable to do a thousands things but not very well, Cs-cart is ecommerce software only!!!

Fotis
Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• Chico
  • Trial users
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:41 PM #12

Hello,
no problem, that was a joke.
The Joomla! can be done many good things, but not a good e-shop.
Since the e-shop should be in the first place.
Here is the first Joomla! and then e-shop it all depends on Joomla!.
Shop Powered by Joomla! / VirtueMart I can not put on the first page of Google.
Shop in CS Cart is immediately on the first page, which is the essence of good shop.

(All shops I edit, the products are similar, so the problem is in the program itself)
Joomla! is improving, for version 1.5, released version 1.6, 1.7 and now 2.5.
Currently being tested version 3.0 to 3.1 and which comes next year LTR Joomla! 3.5.

Best regards Chico

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:35 PM #13

hi chico you really mean virtuashop is a ixxo ? do not be silly mate :-(
ok I did it I have installed to dedi server with nginx and must tell you its a quite good cart
in the some ways is a better than cscart

I think this cart has been done by shopers no by programators :-)

admin does not look so fine as cscart but have more functionality and newsletter and mail management is muuuuuch better mate
about speed its a quicker that cscart but as I told before we will see what future holds to us :-)

And no worries when we will come that cscar is better we will report here without any problem so far seems that could be do what we need for business

virtuamart was a very good attempt about funny :-)

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:38 PM #14

and have a inquiry module there resp call for price :-) I paid 60 to cscart :-)

• Chico
  • Trial users
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:48 PM #15

Hello,
I am very happy that you got a little money for a good e-commerce.
I took another look and found that DEMO is nothing special to be excited about this e-commerce.
I also support over excited, dead links, I can not help it.
On the home page, the favicon from the Joomla! (if they are so advanced to give a favicon).
I looked at the ######### if you can stand it on its trade IXXO, between 48 e-stores but I have not heard anywhere.
I hope you really satisfied with this e-commerce.
When you make a website, we'll show that we make sure the quality IXXO.
Until then, best regards.

Chico

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:02 PM #16

Hi chico no happy end :-( today I have contacted ixxo company for refund but suprised they refused :-( I oppened the case on paypal and we will see :-(

seems to ixxo cart has problem with enginx and I am not willing install apache for this cart

and support seems to be a as not so good as cscart :-)

I had to be more carefull about 40% discount :-) but now I know why they did it :-) I am so old and so stupid :-(

May be ixxo standalone version could be a better but is costt to much and I do not want risk again :-)

Now I completely lost again what kind of cart could be better that cscart :-)

Have a nice day everybody

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:32 PM #17

!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM !!! through paypal

No refund will be given

I think its a very big scam

we bought ixxo for word press

they give us 40 percent discount that we paid 357 USD ( the worst spent money in our life )

but now we got email they are selling for 297 USD :-)

no worries you will get what you paid :-(

When we asked about changing to ixxo standalone because ixxo for word press its very bad choice and for seriously ecomerce is useless they asked 185 USD more :-)

I think they are completely from another planet

its a very shame they need just money !!!

Terrible !!! Do not deal with them any time :-(

• Guest_gary jindrak_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:45 PM #18

Here's an update for IXXO Cart. They still have the worst service in history. The review I just left on Facebook sums it all up:
BUYER BEWARE!!! IXXO doesn't deserve a one-star rating. If you are thinking about purchasing this, please think twice. And then think again.
I purchased a one year lease for the Stand Alone Multi Vendor version of this software for $559. Thank God I didn't purchase a perpetual license for over $1400.
The manual is 6 years old and doesn't even remotely reference the software that I have. I've asked MULTIPLE times for an updated manual, but was told to contact support instead. I don't have the time to contact support every time I've already wasted hours trying to figure out the smallest detail, then wait 24 hours for a vague, one sentence response. I was told that a new manual would be available in 2 months along with a new product release. This is unacceptable. I'd like a manual for the product I"VE ALREADY PURCHASED. When I expressed this to Thomas on the phone, he literally said, "Do you want me to write a new manual for you right now? On the phone?"
I asked if I could switch to the WordPress version of the software within a couple days of my purchase, and was told that I'd just have to purchase that version for $559.
Overall, the product itself is not intuitive. Hence the need for an updated manual. And I'm no rookie when it comes to web development. I've contacted them through their online support forum as well and have received little help. I don't expect an immediate response by any means, but most of the things I'm contacting support about are things that should be covered in an updated manual, or things that should be simple enough to figure out without a manual, especially for someone with experience. This is not the case with IXXO.
I've spoken with Thomas Bursheid multiple times on the phone...let me rephrase that...I've CALLED multiple times, but have not been able to get a word in edgewise due to being interrupted by Thomas. As a freelancer, if I spoke to clients the way he's spoken to me, I wouldn't have any clients.
I've initiated a dispute with PayPal, but IXXO waited until the absolute last minute to respond in order to drag the dispute out as long as possible.
All in all, I'd suggest steering WAY clear of IXXO Cart. On the surface, it seems like it's a diamond in the rough solution for a multi-vendor website. However, their support and documentation is among the worst I've ever seen. Dealing with them has been a nightmare to say the least.

• camerojo
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:33 AM #19

POPULAR

I started off with IXXO cart back in 2012 because it looked good on paper. I worked with it for about 2 months. It was not a good experience. It is a closed system, not open source like CSCart so if you have any problems you are completely dependent on one person, the author of IXXO cart, Thomas.  And he is overstretched and not easy to deal with.

Back then I also spoke to a couple of long time users of IXXO cart. They were locked into it and were sticking with it - but they definitely did not recommend it. It works OK but their experience made me nervous.

About that time, someone recommended CSCart to me. In fact, I think it was one of the IXXO users. I moved to CSCart and have been with them now for about 3 years now. No company is perfect but I have never regretted that decision, and I still think CSCart is the best solution out there - particularly for multi vendor.

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:01 PM #20

Yes mate I am using few kind of carts in my online business

Magento, Opencart, CS Carts, I tried Drupal Ecommerce, Woocommerce, etc. and nothing is worse than IXXO without any doubt

For me whole IXXO is just a perfect scam !

I have got last cs cart, I have changed the hosting to amazon due to  PCI DSS compliance. And yes  and I am f happy with it so far