• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

css and image directory Rate Topic   - - - - -

• darinneagle
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:19 PM #1

.bg {background:url({$images_dir}/bg.gif); background-repeat: repeat-x; background-position:top;}

its quite apparent that this does not work in my current .css file, is there any other way to work around this??

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:49 PM #2

What doesn't work? You might want to provide a little more detail and you're more likey to get a helpful answer. Have a link to the page you're trying to get this to work on?

• darinneagle
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:09 PM #3

im trying to include images within the css file, ie. for background images and such, however when i use the "php" coding to grab the image directory, it doesnt work...

i can only assume cs-cart doesnt parse the scripting within the css file, what im asking is this: is there a way to dynamically get the image directory within the .css file or do i have to hard code the directory location

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:24 PM #4

Ahhh, I get what you're trying to do. Your CSS file has nothing to do with the rest of the PHP code on the site. If you're placing your styles in external CSS files you have to manually path the file. You'll notice that there are different CSS files for each template that map to the appropriate image directory.

• darinneagle
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:19 PM #5

right on, im about 25% done with porting this oscommerce template to cs-cart....im sure if people paid me a little i could do the same for them..time consuming but fairly easy

www.racedout.com is the progress in work

• bholland
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:59 PM #6

That's cool. I'm currently in process of tearing apart what I'm discovering is a nasty mess of nested tables and writing the whole things in CSS/XHTML. My current favorite discovery was a table for each individual nav item...nice :)

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:00 PM #7

right on, im about 25% done with porting this oscommerce template to cs-cart....im sure if people paid me a little i could do the same for them..time consuming but fairly easy

www.racedout.com is the progress in work

Its great that your porting the template over, however would be a bonus if you ported it and converted to xhtml / css aswell, since your already modifying every template this wont take much more time

I created an 75% xhtml css skin, Ive just never got round to finishing it off. :-P although I will
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:29 AM #8

I created an 75% xhtml css skin, Ive just never got round to finishing it off. :-P although I will

I presume your working on Default_,
Next release (1.3.5) will contain XHTML / CSS skins or only some?
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• darinneagle
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:10 AM #9

Its great that your porting the template over, however would be a bonus if you ported it and converted to xhtml / css aswell, since your already modifying every template this wont take much more time

unfortunately for me i dont know much html, just enough to get by, this project is surely expanding my knowledge and in time i will learn what is needed for xhtml/css...but i agree from the looks of everything, once i get it ported first i can go back and convert it all to xhtml and css instead of these nasty tables