Google Merchant data feed help please

Hi… im nearly there with trying to sort out getting my store onto google shopping.

Ive bought the xml data feed addon from here

[url=“http://www.ez-ms.com/xml-data-feeds.html”]http://www.ez-ms.com/xml-data-feeds.html[/url]

This is now downloaded onto my site and working.

I have my google merchant account setup… but cant actually figure out how the flip i get my feed uploaded to google merchant??

Any help most appreciated

(im based in the UK)… If i go into google merchant centre> Data Feeds

Im not sure what i should be inserting in the [color=#444444][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Data feed filename box?[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#444444][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Dont forget im new to all this and not sure what im doing… so if anyone can walk me through the crucial few steps i would be hugely grateful[/size][/font][/color]

Call it what u want, I save mine as feed.txt after i have manipulated it in excel and just upload that

John

Not exactly. Google asks you in the “Merchant Center” what the name is of the file you will periodically be uploading. This is the name that you will want to enter for your data feed.

Thanks for the replies. I have the [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]xml data feed addon working… so if i click on 'create xml data feed' it comes up with a green banner saying that the xml file has been created but where do i then find that file that has been created?? [/font][/color]

I do not use the addon but knowing TonyB, the file is probably located at /var/cache/ or /var/exim/. Does the add on not have an option to automatically upload to the server of your choice?

Is there anyone here i can pay to get walk me through setting this up?? Im pretty desperate as i need to get my christmas stock onto google shopping asap

Once you have all your google cateogories setup in your product and the other google requirements met you will need to:

Login to your google merchant center

Your General section should be filled out (General in the left nav)

Select the settings link in the left nav bar

Select FTP

Create an FTP username

Create an FTP password

Select the Data Feeds link

Create new data feed

Create a Data Feed file name ( I use the generic filename that Tony has listed in the xml data feed which is: google_merchant.xml)

one of the great features of the xml data feed is you are able to schedule a “fetch” You can do that right from the data feeds area.

When you create the fetch you can have google fetch it right then, If you have google fetch it your fetch url will be yourdomain.com (obviously the your domain. com is your actual domain.) IF you named your file google_merchant.xml in the data feeds area.

If you want to view your file it has the same url as above your domain plus /your filename

Do make sure you have everything setup in the add on itself under addons>settings and do make sure you've setup the xml data feed in the Content>Setup xml data feeds link.

Hope I didn't miss any steps!

Thanks Barb.

I didn't see the earlier posts related to the XML Data Feeds addon I supply and support. You can simply send an email to supportXX@ez-msXX.com (remove X's) and I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

The XML files are stored in the location you specify in the addon settings. If there is no path component (default) then the files are created in the root of your store. The default for Google XML is google_merchant.xml. But you can easily put this in your var/exim directory by simply specifying the filename as var/exim/google_merchant.xml (or whatever name you want). Again, this is set in the addon settings from Administration/Addons.

We suggest that you have Google retrieve the file at a particular schedule rather than FTPing to Google. But either way works fine.

Wow… i think i may have nearly done it!!

Filename Schedule Status

google_merchant.xml Monthly 552 of 552 items inserted (View errors)

What do i do now or have i done it??

Thanks massively for the help btw ;)

If no errors then you're probably done.

Oh… theres some attribute error

[color=blue][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]Missing required attribute: availability[/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color][color=#444444][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3](552 errors, only affecting Product Search, Search API for Shopping)[/size][/font][/color]

There is a checkbox in the settings for “use availability tag”.