• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shipping Rates for Shipping to Home Vs Shipping to Business Rate Topic   - - - - -

• profs77
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:31 PM #1

How can I do live calculation shipping for UPS and FedEx where the person in the checkout has to select if they are shipping to a home, or shipping to a business. The rates are different, they're cheaper for shipping to business, how can I incorporate this into the shipping calculation in the shopping cart?

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:41 PM #2

If you use UPS as your realtime rates provider, then during the rates call UPS will determine residential vs. commercial and return the correct rate to your CS-Cart store, UPS does a very good job of making this distinction during their AVS.

Fedex does not currently offer this functionality in their API and will return all rates based upon a commercial address assumption, thus unless you have a compelling reason to go with Fedex, then UPS will be your best choice between the two carriers. ;-)
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• profs77
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:58 PM #3

Interesting, thanks for the response. I guess UPS is preferred then. Especially considering the fedex viral video:

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:43 PM #4

Your welcome,

And yes, Fedex does have at least a few monkeys on their payroll ! :-)
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)