What is the fastest Dedicated / VPS / VS hosting plan for CS Cart?

Hi,

I’ve been struggling for a while choosing the right hosting plan for my CS Cart.

It’s really frustrating… I mean, performance wise, I couldn’t get anything decent. My website kicks a 10 - 12s or even more to start. Even after customizing everything humanly possible : caching, gzip, compressing CSS and JS. It just won’t give me the so wanted blazing fast website browsing at 1 - 3 secs max.

I know after many experiences that shared hosting isn’t the right choice for CS Cart. So, basically, I’m eyeing a Virtual Private Server or a Virtual Server or Cloud server with a proven performance for CS Cart 3.x

If you got a successful experience in that matter, please share your website’s link and your hosting plan :) I’ll be sooo thankful :)

Counting on you guys!

Depending on how heavy your shop is you will need more resources (number of visitors, features, products, etc). An empty cs-cart installation should run just fine on just about anything though. I've even got some shops with 100 products running just fine on a 7,50 p/m shared hosting.

You first need to decide if you have the knowledge to run a VPS or dedicated. If not, a good shared hosting plan is probably better.

If you want vps or dedicated, me and many others here are happy with Futurehosting. Good prices, support, and so on. Simply start with a cheap vps, you can always upgrade.

I don’t have a lot of visitors… a 10k per month max with a 1K products base.

I’m just frustrated by the performance. I’ve been running an empty store in a couple of notorious shared hosts, and I got a lame 10 - 12 secs for the home page to load, and a bit more for products’ page to show up.

The main issue is actually the TTFB. The execution seems to be fast! I usually lose like 7 - 10 secs only on the TTFB.

I assumed that since it’s a shared hosting, the TTFB delay is basically caused by the shared database and the CPU and RAM overload. Things should be different with VPS as we do have an allocated IP, RAM and bandwidth.

Futurehosting looks fine and affordable. I just need to see a working proof if you have any :) can you please share few links of CS Cart stores with what plan is actually used to run them?

Bump!

Looks like it’s a secret that no body is willing to share :)

I have have a couple of stores and I have clients that have stores on http://www.servint.net and have been very happy with them. The servers are great and the customer service is awesome.

I know that there are also a lot of other CS-Cart forum members on ServInt.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

[quote name=‘adamedoe’ timestamp=‘1349775233’ post=‘146686’]

Bump!

Looks like it’s a secret that no body is willing to share :)

[/quote]

If you do a little search, you will see there are at least 101 topics about this. Also, I sent you a private message with links.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1349794551' post='146722']

If you do a little search, you will see there are at least 101 topics about this. Also, I sent you a private message with links.

[/quote]

Thanks fella!

Just my 0.02 cents… We've went thru them all… Started out with shared and now sitting on a full dedicated server… If you plan on adding more products and building you store just move up to a dedicated server. It wil pay off in the long run. You will be amazed by the performance. We are with future hosting and more than happy with them…

Hi,

I just wondering about speed of loading too… What is the average speed of loading in general? is 20s-30s is consider moderate?

Or it can be faster like 10s-20's?

Well my site is hosted at edb-hosting.com loads first load 3-5 sec and then under 2 sec

i am hostet on a VPS 1 GB Ram and 1 core CPU and i set it up by my self using trail and error aproche :o) (and the 2 control panels that come with my plan made it esay)

Thank you for the feedback. I went with Future Hosting

I just got set up with a fully-managed 120 GB SSD Primary & 500 GB 7.2K Secondary drive , 16 GB RAM on 100 Mbps port with WHM/Cpanel for $179.95. No Setup fees.

It looks like a winner to me.

[quote name='ticeholdings' timestamp='1351782882' post='148144']

Thank you for the feedback. I went with Future Hosting

I just got set up with a fully-managed 120 GB SSD Primary & 500 GB 7.2K Secondary drive , 16 GB RAM on 100 Mbps port with WHM/Cpanel for $179.95. No Setup fees.

It looks like a winner to me.

[/quote]

Very Good Choice…

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1349794551' post='146722']

[/quote]

Can I get this links too?

Here is an interesting website. [url=“http://serverbear.com/”]http://serverbear.com/[/url]

Ive been VERY unhappy with hostgator customer service, so Im also looking for a new server.

[quote name='Matheusser2' timestamp='1352137868' post='148366']

Can I get this links too?

[/quote]

https://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=cs-cart+Speed+Up+Your+CS-Cart+eCommerce+Website&btnG=Google+Search&oq=%2Cjbnmxcv&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2611l2751l0l2874l8l2l0l0l0l0l84l145l2l2l0#hl=en&tbo=d&q=+site:forum.cs-cart.com+cs-cart+Speed+Up+Your+CS-Cart+eCommerce+Website&sa=X&ei=IyOiULuwHIXdtAbc54DABg&ved=0CEgQrQIwAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=71eed1dc681ad0af&bpcl=38093640&biw=1920&bih=1099

My cs-cart site is on a cloud account with my other 20+ sites

Just done a test at pingdom - load time 3.5secs for 3.2mb and not done any optimization.

Cost ? about £12 a month.

Our servers have 24 CPU cores with 64 GB ram and PCI SSD which gets about 800 MB/sec. Seems to run pretty smoothly for all CS Cart installs.