Paypal pro and accepting check

Hello,

I use paypal pro with cs-cart.

In the payment options, you can accept checks. When a client pays by check, he/she enters his/her info. But is this information checked against a database? is the money directly withdrawn from the bank account?

Any help greatly appreciated

Best regards

[quote name=‘rms7design’]Hello,

I use paypal pro with cs-cart.

In the payment options, you can accept checks. When a client pays by check, he/she enters his/her info. But is this information checked against a database? is the money directly withdrawn from the bank account?

Any help greatly appreciated

Best regards[/quote]It all depends on the merchant services vendor you’re using. Some facilitate checks, others don’t. PayPal accepts checks, but I don’t know if they’re run through a database or checked for available funds. Plus, the rates they charge merchants are astronomically high.

We offer several merchant service plans that have the ability to take checks, but the CS-Cart developers aren’t very interested in including them in the cart. The only service we can offer right now that has checks built into the cart would be through ECHO. Echo is very reasonable on their check processing rates, but they’re a bit high on their credit cards, 1.89% for swiped transactions, and 2.35% for internet/MOTO. Also, they don’t offer a check guaranty for internet based sales. However, they do run them through a national database to check for available funds, fraud, etc.

We do have a service that will guaranty every check, but we don’t have a way to process through CS-Cart yet. We are now a direct Authorize.net agent. They have an e-check service, but it isn’t integrated into CS-Cart either. You would have to use their web based utility and manually process checks. Of course, CS-Cart is already setup for processing credit cards through Authorize.net, but they need to add the check capability. I’m probably going to have to pay them to do it. We just got started with Authorize.net and I’m really looking forward to offering their service. We have some very aggressive, (=low), credit card rates through them.

Hope that helps, if not, let me know.