One-Page Checkout with Cart Content

Ever since upgrading to CS-Cart v3, my shopping cart is pretty much in an unusable state.

With CS-Cart v2, the cart was configured as “One-Page Checkout with Cart Content”. With v3, however, I don't see any way of displaying the cart content in the checkout page, and it's also impossible for them to enter a coupon code.

For now I displayed the cart content on the right side with a link “Edit Products”.

When I give a payment link to a client, I currently have to tell him to click the “Edit Products” on the right to verify the products/quantity are correct and to enter the coupon code. That's really not a suitable process.

How can I display the cart content at the top of the checkout page and ask for the coupon code?

It was working with v2, and now that I upgraded to v3, I really have to get the cart working again.

Also, at the bottom of Billing Options, it is written “Sign up for our newsletters!” which really has no reason to be there and serves no purpose. How can I remove that line of text?

Thanks!

Hi,

I too have been using CS Cart for a while. It looks like CS Cart 3 is a bit different, I'm starting to climb that learning curve though.

For “Sign up for our newsletters!” check on the list of fields under billing. Enable/disable as needed.

/admin.php?dispatch=profile_fields.manage (Replace /admin.php with your custom admin php file name.)

If you don't find it there. Search for that phrase in languages and change as needed if that helps.

/admin.php?dispatch=languages.manage

If thats not helpful, find it in the templates. Go into design mode: /admin.php?dispatch=site_layout.design_mode refresh the page, find out what template its in and edit it. If you can't edit it there, go to Design > Template Editor.

All of the things you want to edit for the checkout, you will have to go to Design > Blocks /admin.php?dispatch=block_manager.manage Click on “Checkout” and edit the blocks in there. Move things up and down as needed. You might need to edit css to float things around. I suggest getting the web developer toolbar for firefox.

I've been avoiding V3, waiting for stability and completeness. And so now I'm hearing that after all we went through in V2.1 to get them to add the cart back to the chexkout page (as an option) that now it's no longer an available option in V3? If that's true, then that's one more reason to just stay put on V2.2.4/5.

Thanks, I've been able to remove the “Sign up for our newsletter!” text from Languages configuration.

As for shipping address, all fields are already deactivated except email which can't be deactivated. Also, the checkout process cannot be customized from Blocks configuration.

tbirnseth, with v2.1, how long did it take them to solve the problems? If it takes a month (or 2 max) I can wait, but otherwise I might have to downgrade to v2 to get the cart operational again.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1348703416' post='145834']

I've been avoiding V3, waiting for stability and completeness. And so now I'm hearing that after all we went through in V2.1 to get them to add the cart back to the chexkout page (as an option) that now it's no longer an available option in V3? If that's true, then that's one more reason to just stay put on V2.2.4/5.

[/quote]

Simple delete the Products in your order Block on the Checkout page or add the Block if you want to show the cart on the checkout page. You can move this block into any grid you want.

By the way, I find 3.03 very stable.

That's what I did, add the “Products in your cart” block on the right-side of the checkout page. However, it's a very basic list that does NOT allow editing quantity and does NOT allow entering a coupon code. It does however display a “Edit products” link, and it does allow deleting products.

At least I can now tell clients to click the “Edit products” to verify quantity is set to 1 and there's no other product in cart, and to enter their coupon code. Not very convenient but it can work that way.

Actually… one of the main problem I was having is if someone tried the checkout link twice, they would have a quantity of 2 in their cart. That can be resolved by setting max quantity to 1. If quantity remains 1 and they can delete extra products with that box, then the only issue remaining is to enter a coupon code.

I am confused on what problem you are having with the Coupon Box. It shows on the Checkout Page in the Orders Summary Block.

Oh, I didn't see the Order Summary block, but that does solve the problem.

By adding both “Products in cart” and “Order summary” on top of the page, it's NOT user-friendly but that can do for now.

See attached screenshot.

Then the only issue would be clumsiness. Top section being non-congruent, and cart asking for shipping email and shipping options. I can live with it for now.

Cart.png

I was struggling with this too. Check out what they did in the demo store! It's accentually pretty decent. Just go to the demo store admin at http://demo.cs-cart.com/professional/admin.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=admin.php and copy what they did in their checkout.

Make sure you also add the " User-defined CSS-class:" code for each block. This makes a lot of difference in the look of the blocks.

Hope this helps.

Some good reasons to stick with V2. No problems here and I can modify with no errors at all. Waiting for all the ridiculous bugs to get exterminated in V3.