• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

images on main page Rate Topic   - - - - -

• pop-micro
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:33 AM #1

hi,

how can i have 12 random products from my inventory shown on the front page of my site under "featured products" ?

thanks

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:22 AM #2

Me and Zyles have created a mod for this and will be releasing it soon.
Once we are happy completely with the integration

It extends to featured products throughout the store as can be seen in all "products of interest" sections on my site, the quantity is also definable and it works on all skins.

Link to my site is in my sig. below
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:23 PM #3

Me and Zyles have created a mod for this and will be releasing it soon.
Once we are happy completely with the integration

It extends to featured products throughout the store as can be seen in all "products of interest" sections on my site, the quantity is also definable and it works on all skins.

Link to my site is in my sig. below

Is there any update on this mod
Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:19 PM #4

We have a few things to iron out, altough its working quite well it could be better, beleive me... Im working on it right now to sort all of the issues out..

But theres no doubt about it... it certainly rocks !
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• mhackl
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:57 AM #5

I'll be interested to see this solution too. I am currently implementing a modification to show random content on the homepage, but this content comes from manually created static pages. We are creating fancy promotional splash pages to be rotated every time you visit their homepage. Unfortunately, the content and design exceeds what's available from the product tables. I am looking into how I can make these static pages via the Admin GUI, but that's going to be down the road.
I know just enough to be dangerous.

Linux Virtual Dedicated Hosting | CS-Cart 1.3.4.sp3 | PHP version 4.3.11 | Mysql version5.0.18

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 12:02 PM #6

Its running live on my store at the moment.

Anything labelled "Products of interest" is displayed via this mod.
And its not completely random either, theres a nice big function to make them relevant... yet auto generated
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]