Newletter Checkbox Selected by default ( Mailing List )

Hello,

I want the mailing list upon registeration to be checked by default. Please tell me how to do that.

Thanks

plz someone reply…

In V3, edit the file:

skins/basic/customer/addons/news_and_emails/hooks/profiles/account_update.pre.tpl

find the line that looks like:

and change it to:

Seems interesting. Will try.

it changed the way it used to show up but the checkbox is still uncheked by default.I want it to be checked by default.

Also tell me how can my current registered members be added to the newsletter (mailing list) which is the easiet way to achieve this.

If you made the change exactly as I indicated then there will no condition surrounding the “checked” attribute and the checkbox will be checked all the time.

thanks i did again with a fresh file and it checked now… one more help.

CUrrently it shows like this -

Mailing lists

[color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]

Sign up for our newsletters![/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]

Newsletter[/size][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]

Plain text HTML [/size][/font][/color]

But i want to remove the text Mailing List and also want to remove the drop down and set it default to html.[/size][/font][/color]

Let me know how to achive this… thanks for your help, very few people in cs cart forums is willing to help. thanks a ton[/size][/font][/color]

anyone?

also why the newsletter option always show on checkout page? even when they have already subscribed to newletter, it shouldnt come as they can uncheck it and get unsubscribed.

??? cs cart forum is so boring no one here to help

Given we're so boring, suggest you then go pay for support. Sheesh.

[quote name='cool999' timestamp='1349039414' post='146052']

??? cs cart forum is so boring no one here to help

[/quote]

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1349063961' post='146060']

Given we're so boring, suggest you then go pay for support. Sheesh.

[/quote]

With an attitude like that he'd be lucky to find paid support…

lol. cs cart is good but seriously no forum support. Planning to move to some other popular cart.

P.S - If i have to pay for every little thing then i will prefer to go for magento and go for paid customization and set up my ideal shopping cart.

And thank you i don't need anyone's help now. no need to reply. I have 4 - 5 queries and from past 1 month and no one here to help that is the only cause of my frustration.

Enjoy cs cart.

[quote]And thank you i don’t need anyone’s help now.[/quote]

I think what you meant to say was that “I don’t need anyone to do everything for me for free any longer” :idea:

Forum is meant for free discussion between members to help each other. I have used many other scripts, and their forum is active and people are active & helpful there.

@tbirnseth i am not telling you, i am really thankful to you for your help.

No offense. I am not here to fight.

Thanks & Regards

[quote name='cool999' timestamp='1349258392' post='146245']

Forum is meant for free discussion between members to help each other. I have used many other scripts, and their forum is active and people are active & helpful there.

@tbirnseth i am not telling you, i am really thankful to you for your help.

No offense. I am not here to fight.

Thanks & Regards

[/quote]

Other, free open source products (just like Drupal, Joomla, Wp, Magento etc …), have much more members, because these products are free. CS-Cart is much more paid license oriented (Free CS-Cart has very basic functionallity), so the developers are much more “cash” oriented.

But if you have some experience in Smarty, HTML, CSS and PHP, you can easily resolve these basic issues (eg. removing some texts, or headings, checking checkboxes by default, etc …).

I do not agree with you cool999. Most often, I received help and advices to my troubles. I think this forum community is a good one and some people really help.

But remember that you cannot ask other members to know everyhing about cs-cart and be ready for answering at once. And when you cannot find any solution on the forum, there's still the cs-cart team where you can open a ticket. You have to pay but I think it's really reasonnable prices.

One little note… I know there are many different languages spoken here and so sometimes it is hard to digest the grammar used to state a question. This in turn makes it hard to know what to answer. So essentially, the quality of the question many times leads the quality of the answer. If I don't understand what someone is asking, I certainly am not likely to provide an answer that could be way off track from what they want. So no response would be the norm in that case.

Thanks everyone, i will keep in mind that little note :)

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1347062333' post='144547']

In V3, edit the file:

skins/basic/customer/addons/news_and_emails/hooks/profiles/account_update.pre.tpl

find the line that looks like:

and change it to:

[/quote]

Wrong. Here is the code to fix this in the file:

skins/basic/customer/addons/news_and_emails/hooks/profiles/account_update.pre.tpl…

Find this:

{$list.object}

Replace with this:

{if $smarty.request.dispatch == 'profiles.update'}

{$list.object}

{else}

{$list.object}

{/if}