Request for add-on: Add 'Rush Processing' option during checkout

Hello…Is it possible to add an option on the checkout page to provide 'Rush, Express, Expedited (etc) Processing' to any order?

But instead of a simple 'Add Rush Processing for a specific flat cost' … The cost of the rush processing would be variable depending upon the total cost plus the different items in the shopping cart. For example if a customer wants the rush processing, but they have several items in the shopping cart that we have to manually assemble and test, it would cost more than if a customer has some basic items in the cart that do not require any special testing or assembly.

I would like to see something like a checkbox in the '3.Payment and Shipping' seciton of the checkout something like:

Select shipping method

[] USPS Priority Mail (2 - 4 Days + Processing Time) - $6.45

[] USPS Express Mail (1 - 3 Days + Processing Time) - $16.20

[] UPS Ground (1 - 6 Days + Processing Time) - $7.12

[] UPS 3 Day Select (1 - 3 Days + Processing Time) - $11.10

[] UPS 2nd Day Air (1 - 2 Days + Processing Time) - $11.58

[] UPS 2nd Day Air AM (1 - 2 Days + Processing Time) - $13.12

[] UPS Next Day Air Saver (1 Day + Processing Time) - $19.31

[] UPS Next Day Air (1 Day + Processing Time) - $22.78

[] UPS Next Day Air Early A.M. (1 Day + Processing Time) - $58.18

Add Rush Processing [?]

[] Add rush processing to this order for - $1.75

And the [?] would be a mouse hovering popup that would explain what the Rush processing option is.

And the $ amount is calculated by a adjustable rate (that would take in account the amount of items in the cart, plus if any certain items are with their own specific 'rush' costs).

Is this something CS-Cart 2.2.5 can do (is there a built-in feature I am not finding) or would this need to be a 3rd party type Add-on I would need to hire a coding team for? I am assuming most likely I would need to hire a coder for this … if this can be done what would be cost be?

Thank you very much for reading!

Promotions?

Allow them the facility to insert a coupon code that adds rush manufacturing. Total based upon order items or subtotal.

J.

Did my post get deleted Jesse, with the addon attached for this from yesterday ?

Edit… no it didnt it was just double post

see here

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’ timestamp=‘1346208719’ post=‘143892’] Promotions? Allow them the facility to insert a coupon code that adds rush manufacturing. Total based upon order items or subtotal. J. [/quote]

Hi J,

I tried messing around with the promotions (if setting up promotional items / coupons / etc are not complex enough with this cart) but I cannot increase the pricing of the items or cart total this way … it will only discount. Or at least trying different combinations of the promotion conditions/bonuses. :(

I was thinking about about adding a product option for every product but then if the customer wants rush processing they might just select rush processing on a single item…then add 30 other items in the cart without the rush procession option on those items. Which then would not work as it would lead to too many confused customers. For instance one item might take good amount of testing/assembly time and rush processing would be $15 USD for that item…but other items that are just simple pick from the shelf and put in a box, the rush total for those items would be a flat $1.50 cost plus a basic per item fee.

So if they had 30 items in the cart that are basic ‘pick from the shelf/ready to go’ then the rush cost could be something like an initial flat rush cost of $1.50 USD, plus and extra $.10 per item … The total rush processing cost would be $4.60 USD for that order … However if the customer has a specific item in the cart that designated extra ‘Rush processing fee’ then it would override the flat $.10 fee for that item and instead be the designated fee (for that specific item only). Then instead of the total rush fee being $4.60 USD ($1.50 flat fee plus $.10 per item) it would be the $1.50 flat fee, 29 items would be additional $.10 fee, and that one specific item fee of $15.00 USD for a total ‘rush processing’ of $19.50 USD total.

My main objective is also too keep it very straight forward and simple for the customers to understand.

And on the admin side be something that easy to implement (such as an complete add-on) and try to minimize and conflicts with CC 2.2.x updates (if there are going to be anymore).

John (johnbol1) has kindly done something like this and given the code…however it is for a 2.2.4 store and seems to require some hard code changes in the fn.cart.php and fn.catalog.php files which I am trying to avoid. But again, for something like this I might not be able to avoid major code changes anyhow.

Can anyone recommend a coding person/company for hire that can tackle this add-on?

Thanks!!

Just an update the Alt-Team is working on this now for me and should be done any day now! :grin:

Hi Tim,

Would be interested to know the project scope (3.0.3?) as I've been looking for something similar but Alt-Team are working on my previous projects at the moment.

J.

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1348876291' post='145962']

Hi Tim,

Would be interested to know the project scope (3.0.3?) as I've been looking for something similar but Alt-Team are working on my previous projects at the moment.

J.

[/quote]

Right now this mod is it is just for the 2.2.x store … But I'm sure they can easily convert to Cs-Cart 3.0.3.

I don't know if they are going to release it for sale once they finish it building the add-on for me. The main bulk of the add-on is complete and working but now they are just doing some small bells and whistles to make it easier to use.

-Tim