Ship Date?

Am I missing something or does the date a shipment was created not display on the customer front end under the Shipment Information tab? I did print_r of the shipment array and there is no date value there as well.

Anyone have a clue how to get this information to show up for the customer? Seems kind of important for the customer to know the date a shipment was shipped.

When creating a “Shipment” in CS-Cart it is automatically “assumed” that the order was shipped at the time the shipment was created in CS-Cart, which of course is not at all necessarily a correct assumption. It is quite common for us to ship a customers order yesterday, yet not actually get the shipment details posted back to the store until the following day! So, yes, it would be very useful if there was an additional configurable field while creating an order shipment such as “Ship Date”!

Afterall, there are 4 things customers need to know about their order/shipment status.

1. When exactly did it ship?
  2. What was actually shipped from their order?
  3. Which carrier was used?
  4. What is the tracking number?

The last 3 details are well covered…

Right but the date shown even if look at an order that a shipment created days ago it still shows todays date not the date the shipment was created. Does yours do that ? I'm using 3.0.2

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1346198920' post='143876']

Right but the date shown even if look at an order that a shipment created days ago it still shows todays date not the date the shipment was created. Does yours do that ? I'm using 3.0.2

[/quote]

Interesting, & yes, I just verified and am now noticing exactly what you mention (if you open up a shipments details page, the date is changing from the actual date the shipment was entered to today's date)! We are running 2.2.5, so this is a bug which carried over to 3.xx versions.

Darn :(

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1346206207' post='143889']

Interesting, & yes, I just verified and am now noticing exactly what you mention (if you open up a shipments details page, the date is changing from the actual date the shipment was entered to today's date)! We are running 2.2.5, so this is a bug which carried over to 3.xx versions.

[/quote]

Is there a fix yet for this bug in 2.2.5?