• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3.02 css skin & block modifications Rate Topic   - - - - -

• carterj
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:30 AM #1

In the blog, it is mentioned that changing the skin is much easier since the blocks now offer div/class options, but I have yet to find and examples or guides in the knowledge base or forums.

I know how to css, but not sure how the structure is used with the grid/block system.

Can anyone provide an example of this modification using the new grid/block system? and where to put in the style css file.

Thanks,

Using 2.24.. trying to migrate to 3.02.
Using CS-CART 4.2.x

• subdude
  • Trial users
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:08 PM #2

I also lost on using css in the Grid/Block system. "User-defined CSS-class:" is not explained anywhere in the documentation that I can find; and I also have searched the Forum and Knowledge Base.

Since this is a fundamental function in v.3.0, especially for non-techies like myself, you would think the documentation would be somewhere...

What is "User-defined CSS-class"? Where are these files located? Can I see an example of a step-by-step process in creating one of these files?

This is not the only 'hole' in the documentation. Those who are writing the Reference Manual are assuming I know much more that I really do. For such a fantasic program, the documentation seems to be an afterthought.

• zeero6
  • Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:44 PM #3

Here is a good start

http://kb.cs-cart.com/

Version 4.9.3 SP1

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11365 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:11 PM #4

A user defined css cleas will simply create a surrounding div of the class name you specify. You can then make changes specific to that element.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.