• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

California Sales Tax, Shipping, and Invoices Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:21 PM #1

Site - http://www.soyhappycandles.com/cart

I've had a lot of fun over the last couple of days customizing the look and feel of the site, but now comes the difficult parts that I don't quite understand so well.

1.) How do I add California Sales Tax and have it only apply to people who's billing address is in California?

2.) What exactly is involved in getting UPS Shipping intregrated with the site?
(We're not using Fedex or USPS.)

3.) When the order is completed an invoice is mailed to the customer. Currently it has a CS Cart Logo on that invoice. How can I change that logo? Where is it stored?

4.) How do I add additional Information to the Contact Us Page - Currently there is a nice little form, but I want people to have all of our information there including a physical address, phone number, hours of operation, and an additional e-mail address to contact us. I also need to shrink some of the input boxes so it doesn't blow out the width on the site. This is an absolute must to get approved by Authorize.net if I'm not mistaken.

If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it very much.

Dave :confused:

• wedge
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:12 AM #2

1.) I have the same question about Taxes, it's not well documented is it?

2.) Not sure on that either....anyone?

3.) The emailed invoice image appears to be the same image that displays on the screen invoice at checkout. For the skin I'm using it was a 100px x 98px image in this directory:

/www.mystore.net/skins/default_green/mail/images/invoice_logo.gif

4.) The company info, in the admin backend - go to Form Builder (under CMS) and select the "Contact Us" form and click "details". You'll see a dialog to add text to the form header.

This seems to be a decent product but the documentation is really vauge.

Cheers -

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:39 AM #3

I figured out the taxes...It was kind of retarded, but I had to make a new location and then set the taxes for it. I thought I had done that before, but it did it this time it actually worked.
I used the info from this http://vb.cs-cart.co...wthread.php?t=3 and it worked for me.

Shipping still seems like huh???? though. If anyone has any insight or suggestions I'd sure appreciate it.