Upgrade from 2.2.5 to 3.0.2 - missing Block setting

Just recently upgraded from 2.2.5 to 3.0.2 - went pretty easy actually using the ‘store import’ but it was noticed that there was some stuff missing. [list]

[]Had to move all my images manually - didn’t see it mentioned in the steps

[
]Can’t setup ‘default for all pages’ gear that should be showing - it’s missing…

[/list]

Opened a support ticket since there was nothing that I could find after an upgrade to do to fix it…

Checked the page here, but again, my ‘gear’ is missing…

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.16.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.16.x documentation

I’ll let you know what support says but anybody have ideas here - all my pages now just default to:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4][color=#000000]Shopping Cart Software & Ecommerce Software Solutions by CS-Cart [/color]

[color=#000000]And lost all my preset text (I can still see it in my old site online)…[/color][/size][/font]

As an update to everyone - apparently this is an issue with Google Chrome only… if you check the site in Firefox the ‘Gear’ logo is there - I just switched to Chrome 2 days before this migration… :(

hi, did the support give you a reply?

mine is from v224 to v302 by using the store import, the news part and reviews is missing.

and all images does not in there…

i do not know what to do?

the support told me to pay them to work out the problem…

i just do know why, it is the problem from their program and they keep asking money from us to fix their problem. damnxxx

Most of these postings are from August. It's now late February and it appears the situation hasn't changed. Store import simply does not work for many.

The first step in making the update is to move your current installation. Because of this move, my site is not working and generating no sales.

The new installation will not import anything. 'Support' is unresponsive after three days of struggling with this problem. I have no clue if they intend to help me tomorrow, next week or never. What I know for certain is that to this company a client with an inoperative store is of very little concern. My respect and loyalty is draining away and I'm actively looking at alternatives.

On top of the price for two licenses for two domains, I've also been continually paying to keep both licenses updated so I have access to updates and new releases. Unless it is possible to, you know actually do that, the $400 I've spent for that possibility has resulting only in making my site completely useless.

Three days and counting. I'll update this post when my problem is resolved.

The Store Import tool from V2 to V3 seems to have problems creating the “Main Content” block. You should ensure ALL of your Locations have the Main Content block created and activated. Seems to commonly happen to Categories and All Pages (Default) locations.