Order Details Export with Option Combination

Hello,

We currently sell clothes that have two option types, Color and Size.

We are trying to set up an inventory system with barcode and I was hoping to use the barcode as a option combination code. As we run multiple stores and eBay as well, we use Excel to manage all orders.

As we may have Red T-shirt with code 1AA but not White T-shirt with same code 1AA,

We need to use option combination & combination code to manage our stock count.

When exporting order details, CS-cart does not export option combination and combination code currently. I need the combination/combination code exported along with the order details in order to easily update our inventory of the products that have been sold.

Can anyone help me with this? I guess it would be best if a combination and combination code were available in the exportable field in Order details.

Rok

[quote name='rokkyboy' timestamp='1342766188' post='141142']

When exporting order details, CS-cart does not export option combination and combination code currently.

[/quote]

You need to enable “track with options” on the product page. To do this you will also need to go to settings → general → catalog and click “enable inventory tracking” and then in your product general tab select “track with options”.

This will then assign the combination product code to the item both in the cart (to the customer) and in the order. When you export orders with product combinations, it is then the combination product code which is exported with the order so you know not only which item but also the size and colour. To export other information, such as the combination ID you need to include the “Extra” field when you do the export.

In V3.0.1 you cannot select “track with options” without inventory tracking being on. The “track with options” option will also prevent you selling more than your current stock level for each combination. You can therefore either use the stock control like this (if you want to limit sales to current stock), enter high values in the stock for each combination or, if you don't want to use stock control for any product you can go to settings → general → catalog and tick the box “allow negative amounts in inventory”. Although it also appears you can turn off inventory tracking once the product is configured, you cannot configure a new product as you cannot change the product to “track with options” without inventory tracking being on first. Another way would be to turn inventory tracking off and then clone an existing product instead of creating new (this creates clone which has combination stock options with “do not track” - but this also allows the combination product code to be used).

It would be more logical however if the combination product code was used even if “track with options” was not enabled (as using the combination code has nothing to do with inventory tracking but showing the right code to the customer on the invoice / export). Unless you were going to use inventory tracking you would never have discovered this. Anyway, temporarily enabling inventory tracking is the only way I have found to make CS Cart use the combination product code.

[quote name='applied' timestamp='1342829901' post='141198']

You need to enable “track with options” on the product page. To do this you will also need to go to settings → general → catalog and click “enable inventory tracking” and then in your product general tab select “track with options”.

[/quote]

Hello,

Thank you for your info.

It is working fine now =]

I was going to post this in another thread, but thought I'd ask it here as well.

Do you happen to know how to export option or option combination ( ex: Color:Black, Size:S or Black, S) in a more 'friendlier' way than the current method of “variant_name:Black” in a extra field where I have to go through quite a hassle to arrange it in a way where I can use it with my order management excel?

Thanks!

Yes - you use the combination product code from my last post, which uniquely identifies the product and combination in any format you wish.

This is the product code that you enter on the product's combinations page (not the main product page). You access this in product → options and there is a link “option combinations” (or if inventory tracking is on the same page you set the stock for each combination). You can structure the code in any format you wish, such as product - options e.g. 1AA-Black-S or whatever you like to make it match your required format. This code is what is exported as “Product Code” for orders placed since you enabled inventory tracking with options. The product code doesn't change for existing orders when you change product details or enable inventory tracking (which is good as it keeps a record of what it was at the time of order) - although for your existing orders I suppose you could edit the orders to update the product code to use the new format to include the options if you only have a few. For new orders though you will be able to export the Product code to show the options in your new format.