Alt-team Add-on: Advanced Video Manager

Dear Friends!

We would like to announce one more module from our team - "Video Manager" add-on.

Features:

• ability to display video in a block on any website page
  • ability to display video in a "Video" tab on product details page
  • ability to add .flv video files
  • ability to embed code from YouTube
  • flexible width and height parameters for a video player
  • auto play setting

UPDATED December 2022

We released a new add-on version "Advanced Video Manager" add-on.
The price is USD 59.

Features

Admin area:

• one page for all store video content;
  • one page for all vendor video content Vendor page with all vendor videos
  • ability to use video.js;
  • new add-on's settings;
  • many video block settings;
  • ability to embed code from YouTube;
  • ability to set such parameters as width, height, autoplay and others for a video player.

Customer area:

• video can be displayed in a block on any website page;
  • ability to display all videos using scrolling or in multicolumns;
  • video can be placed in the list of product images on the product page;
  • video can be displayed in a Video tab on a product details page.

All questions and recommendations are welcome as usual! Please Contact us.

Best regards, Alt-team

This looks very nice!

Hello everyone!

Our “Video manager” add-on is now compatible with CS-Cart Pro 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 versions.

Video can be played in a block or on product details page. It's a useful add-on for those who would like to demonstrate products better or give video instructions/tips.

Best regards, Alt-team

This looks very nice. I wonder how this works for stores that have thousands of products. How can you keep overview which video is added to what product?

Can the youtube url's be added to the product page in admin panel as well?

Is there an easy way to add a large number of video's? (while keeping overview)

Is vimeo supported?

Hello P-Pharma and thank you for your questions!

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1349903792' post='146803']

This looks very nice. I wonder how this works for stores that have thousands of products. How can you keep overview which video is added to what product?[/quote]

It is possible to see which video is added to what product only on product editing page. The add-on works as follows: videos are added to a separate admin page. After that, it's possible to choose the necessary video from the select box on product editing page (Video manager tab). Unfortunately there is not a single page to overview both videos and products where videos are added.

[quote]Can the youtube url's be added to the product page in admin panel as well?[/quote]

It is possible to embed code from Youtube and display youtube videos on product details pages or in blocks.

[quote]Is there an easy way to add a large number of video's? (while keeping overview)[/quote]

Unfortunately no, each video is added separately. We can offer video import only within our custom development service.

[quote]Is vimeo supported?

[/quote] We are planning to add this in the next add-on version (in the nearest future).

Best regards, Alt-team

Does this addon allow us to place a latest videos block in a sidebar?

Dear P-Pharma, thank you for your question!

It is possible to place latest videos in a side block manually It means it will be necessary to create a block with video content and add videos that you need into this block. It is possible to specify the size in pixels for your .flv files so that they could fit the side block.

Best regards, Alt-team

Thanks. I have requested a quote from your company to create a sidebar block that automatically populates.

This is a great addon, but it has room for improvement. Please consider to add the following:

• add a global setting to define centering. Currently its left aligned, which looks strange in most of my stores.
  • add a global setting to define the size of the video. Currently If you add multiple videos, you get different sizes.
  • allow us to just enter the youtube url, instead of the embed code.

Dear P-Pharma!

Thank you for your recommendations, we've noted them down. We will think over adding these features.

Best regards, Alt-team

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Hello Alt-Team![/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]I trust you managed to get some ‘down time’ during the holiday period? :P[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Just out of interest, do you have any Christmas / New Year / 2013 promotions running at the moment? I am alsi interested in this and two other add-ons.[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Anyway, thank you very much for your time and all your hard work during 2012![/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Cheers![/font]

Hello friends!

We are glad to announce that our Video manager add-on is now compatible with CS-Cart 4.

The price is still $59.

Please read more details about this add-on here [url=“http://www.alt-team.com/cs-cart-video-manager-add-on.html”]http://www.alt-team.com/cs-cart-video-manager-add-on.html[/url]

Best regards, Alt-team

This addon is not yet compatible with the responsive function of 4.2.2. If you add a 'latest video' block then the video block will not be responsive, but will be of one size causing a large scroll bar. Please fix this.

I made my video player responsive and added a topic about it last week:

Embedding Responsive/fluid Video - Store Design & Templates - CS-Cart Community Forums

It's only a little CSS change.

Dear P-Pharma,

Thanks for the notice.

We will fix it as soon as possible. As it is ready, we will post the news here.

Best regards, Alt-team.

Hey Alt-team

Did you guys get this taken care of so we can use your addon with4.2.1 ?

I am would like to buy it

Thanks

Am I missing something here? I just copy the iframe embed source and switch to html source mode and paste it in the description.

Jack

Dear Friends,

[quote name='Select Phone Data' timestamp='1412647609' post='193473']

Hey Alt-team

Did you guys get this taken care of so we can use your addon with4.2.1 ?

I am would like to buy it

Thanks

[/quote]

The compatibility of the add-on with CS-Cart 4.2.1 and 4.2.2. is in progress now. We hope that tomorrow we could inform you about updates.

Jack,

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1412650941' post='193476']

Am I missing something here? I just copy the iframe embed source and switch to html source mode and paste it in the description.

Jack

[/quote]

Using this add-on Video Manager you have an ability to add video on your website directly avoiding the uploading it on youtube first.

Also, it is more convenient to manage video files on your online store and set such parameters as width, height and auto play for the video player with the help of Video Manager add-on.

Kind regards, Alt-team.

Please let me know when it is ready. I also sent you a email yesterday

Thanks

Except by embedding your own video you loose all the great SEO benefits from YouTube (owned by Google). You can easily specify size in the iframe code.

Jack