2 cookies uses, what do they do

Hi all, im trying to make my website comply with the new cookie law. I want to inform my customers what cookies i use.

So far i found 2 cs cart uses.

sess_id and stat_uniq_code

Any idea what these cookies do?

Thanks alot

Got this from CS

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]CS-Cart uses common browser cookies. Some store system parameters (e.g. aff_id) are stored in sessions. Each session has its own ID which is stored in the browser cookie. Also some statistic information is stored in cookies. The cookies live time is set to 2 weeks. After 2 weeks the cookie is considered to be expired and corresponding session data will be deleted from the database. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Also please note that we know about the EU law and now our engineers are working on how to improve CS-Cart so that this law could be observed. The feature will be added in one of the nearest future releases.[/size][/font][/color]

stat_uniq_code[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] and [/size][/font][/color]session_id[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] information is stored in cookies. Also if you are using the [/size][/font][/color]Google Analytics[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] add-on, Google Analytics information is added to cookies, it is required for correct operation of this add-on. Also please note that [/size][/font][/color]no sensitive[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] information is stored in cookies. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#555555][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]John[/size][/font][/color]