CS-Cart 3 Speed Issues

The speed on my CS-Cart 3 install is much slower compared to the Cs-Cart demo server. It seems to be taking at least three seconds each time I load Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days It takes 1.5 seconds on the CS-Cart demo server. On my server the same page takes over 3 seconds to load every time even after it has been loaded into cache.

I have made sure cache i'm using “SQLITE”. I am even using min to minify my javascript files and smartoptimizer. I have a VPS with over 2gigs of ram, I have set config.local to use 548 megs of ram.

Anyone able to install version 3 and get better performance than I am experiencing? If so please let me know what your server setup is. My setup is using PHP 5 and DSO as the php handler. I also have installed X-Cache.

Note: I also have CS 2.2.4 installed on the same server and it performs flawless!

If anyone can help me with this issue that would be much appreciated.

Our 3.0.1 installation is running very efficiently, even with loads of custom addons and external systems integrations.

Don't quote me on it, but I think I've read that DB caching is frowned upon and does cause some speed issues. Are you taking advantage of any CDN's or other technologies to load your content?

In order to get a more accurate response, I would highly encourage you to post the URL to your storefront.

Kevin,

We are not taking advantage of any CDN's or other technologies. At the moment for testing I installed just the demo as it is with no other optimization than I mentioned and no custom add-ons yet. I feel the solution must be a simple one somewhere I just dont know what might be wrong. I have sent you the url in a pm.

Not that it will help with speed, but that memory limit of 548MB is way too high. To quote Tony:

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“This is a PHP maximum limit. If you're not running into it, there's no need to increase it”[/font][/color]

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1339428217' post='138475']

Not that it will help with speed, but that memory limit of 548MB is way too high. To quote Tony:

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“This is a PHP maximum limit. If you're not running into it, there's no need to increase it”[/font][/color]

[/quote]

I actually had it set high because of a import script that is pretty intense we have that runs once a week and I thought the higher the memory the better it might perform. I did the same with my CS 2.2.4 install and it flies. I wasn't sure aware it was a bad idea.

I have heard 256M in special cases.

This is my first time, I have heard someone using 548MB.

Try 128M!

// Set maximum memory limit

@ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');

I'll try that but that's not gonna help loading time is it?

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1339433165' post='138480']

I'll try that but that's not gonna help loading time is it?

[/quote]

It will have no effect on loading time.

We upgraded our hosting to a hybrid vps and that did help a bit.

after my install of cs3… you see the diffrenz??

Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-18 um 18.23.24.png

[quote name='posto' timestamp='1340110987' post='138997']

after my install of cs3… you see the diffrenz??

[/quote]

Yeah seems to me something is wrong somewhere in version 3 that is taking so much more in resources than the previous version.

I have the same issue.

We just loaded cs3 professional and only have about 11,000 products loaded so far and it takes about 30 secounds to veiw the stores home page and if you go to a category or product each page change takes 20-30 secounds.

We were switching from an OSCommerce store and now thinking about going back as with our OScommerce store we have over 50,000 products and each page change takes less than 2-3 secounds on the same server.

Yeah Cs-Cart is great but does require a higher level server to run on than OSC would. I finally got my speed where I want it about 2-3 seconds but thats because we upgraded our VPS to a Hybrid with much more resources.

That sounds about right getting about 5 times more speed with a hybrid. This is also ridiculous that in order to be able to run CS-cart with reasonable load times we have to spend even more money.

It seems there is some excess coding and processes running that need to be reviewed to help increase CS-carts load speeds.

It would be nice to see cs cart optimized a little better to run faster and not require such a high power server.

Did you guys email cs-cart about this? It seems like it's taking way too much resources compared to v2.24

That graph is pretty shocking.

Yeah they told me there was nothing wrong basically. They said the demo site is working fine an the issue is not cs cart but my hosting environment. Not sure what else I can say to them about it when they told me everything is fine basically.

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1340883330' post='139535']

Yeah they told me there was nothing wrong basically. They said the demo site is working fine an the issue is not cs cart but my hosting environment. Not sure what else I can say to them about it when they told me everything is fine basically.

[/quote]

same response for me…

Must just be us few then having issues.

While I have no answers at all for your guys' problems, I can say that I have been working on 3.0 sites on both dedicated and shared servers with no problems at all.

Like I said, I know that isn't much help, but I don't think it is quite 100% CS-Cart's problem.

Thanks,

Brandon