• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 Final Released Rate Topic   - - - - -

• kickoff3pm
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:19 PM #161

You can always install the 2.2.4 version for now and upgrade later once those bugs are worked out.

Now I don't really want to upgrade, leave too many issues to worry about.
http://matchdaymemories.com - Football Memorabilia Via Cs-Cart V3
http://www.outadwords.com - Free Marketing For You Site.
http://www.alternativestoebay.com - Join The Free Ecommerce Community.

• applied
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:21 PM #162

How are people exporting / importing users and orders to v3 ? - when I export users from 2.2.4 it doesn't have the User ID and Products don't have the Product ID, therefore the orders on the new system link to the wrong users and show the wrong items.

• kellenw
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:47 PM #163

Installed latest pro version today, are we only having one skin with v3 ?

Current default is not suitable to my products and one of the reason I bought cs-cart was because of the verity in the given skins. I'm sure not going to buy a new one now and I'm guessing the old one won't be fully compatible, am I wrong ?

A side menu skin/template would be nice. The current top menu skin works well and looks really nice for stores with very few main categories, but stores with dozens of categories look very silly with the top menu. You can move blocks around and create new grids that will enable you to place a side menu in your store using the current skin/template combined with the blocks functionality, but it is time consuming and fairly unattractive.

• ypg
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:09 AM #164

Any live website using v3!

• btrials
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:30 PM #165

How are you guys clearing cache? Don't see the shortcut bar like the 2x version and do know the URL by adding ?cc but trying to add a shortcut somewhere in the admin panel.

• applied
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:12 PM #166

Having a configurable menu - like the shortcut bar in 2x was a VERY handy feature - I put links in it which took me straight to the pages I want in the format (e.g. straight to products sorted by product code A-Z). To do this manually requires opening products, clicking sort (which sorts Z-A) and then sort again to give A-Z (each time waiting for products to refresh). Also handy to refresh the cache (but then this should be included on the main menu anyway). Is a configurable short-cut menu coming back (if it was fixed on the main menu instead of floating about it would be great)?

• nmb
  • Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:21 PM #167

How are you guys clearing cache? Don't see the shortcut bar like the 2x version and do know the URL by adding ?cc but trying to add a shortcut somewhere in the admin panel.

Enable Quick menu under Settings > Appearance > Display quick menu

• btrials
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:21 PM #168

Enable Quick menu under Settings > Appearance > Display quick menu

Thank you sir!

• applied
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:08 PM #169

Thank you for the tip - I have been through all the settings to see what was new and wondered what that option was for. Unfortunately that doesn't appear to work on the Ultimate edition - you can only see the quick menu when all stores are selected. When an individual store is selected the quick menu isn't displayed. I guess this is a bug. :-(

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:17 PM #170

Now I don't really want to upgrade, leave too many issues to worry about.

I understand bugs have to be worked out with ANY changes, but I am also glad I did not upgrade yet. I think CS3 is going to be awsome eventually, but for me, I need more than just one skin. I will stay happy with version 2 for now.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3557 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:06 PM #171

Not having much time to check out version 3, so would anyone recommend using latest version on live store? Is the addon to upgrade 2x to 3x available yet?

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:11 PM #172

Not having much time to check out version 3, so would anyone recommend using latest version on live store? Is the addon to upgrade 2x to 3x available yet?

The upgrade tool from CS-Cart 2.2.4 to CS-Cart 3.0.1 is not yet available, but it's coming soon.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• kickoff3pm
  • Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:13 PM #173

Well I'm part into adding my products to V3 and although I wasn't too happy with the new single skin I can see it's benifits far more now and so perhaps will go with it on the live site.

One bug I found was importing categories - I imported 30 items with a new catgegory added but the SEO of that new category took the SEO of an existing category. Made the url look a bit odd and a bit of head scratching for me but sorted it.

import = http://www.site/some.../newcat/product < very odd
http://matchdaymemories.com - Football Memorabilia Via Cs-Cart V3
http://www.outadwords.com - Free Marketing For You Site.
http://www.alternativestoebay.com - Join The Free Ecommerce Community.

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:24 PM #174

Well I'm part into adding my products to V3 and although I wasn't too happy with the new single skin I can see it's benifits far more now and so perhaps will go with it on the live site.

One bug I found was importing categories - I imported 30 items with a new catgegory added but the SEO of that new category took the SEO of an existing category. Made the url look a bit odd and a bit of head scratching for me but sorted it.

import = http://www.site/some.../newcat/product < very odd

Hi,

You should post this bug in the bug tracker with a detailed guide to reproduce it.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• tom437
  • Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:30 PM #175

Hello,

What folder can I fine the siteamp for the v3? I have been look for it. It is not in my root folder.

Any help

Thanks
Tom
Hosting for less.
www.step2stephosting.com

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 4005 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:03 PM #176

What folder can I fine the siteamp for the v3?

/var/cache/ but you need to generate it first.

• tom437
  • Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:57 AM #177

/var/cache/ but you need to generate it first.

I don't see it in there:(
Hosting for less.
www.step2stephosting.com

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:57 AM #178

Tom, have you tried inyour browser www.your site.com/sitemap.xml

4 14.1

• tom437
  • Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:46 AM #179

Tom, have you tried inyour browser www.your site.com/sitemap.xml

Yes, but here is my problem, when I submit my sitemap to google webmaster tool, I a error. So I tried to locate it using the ftp, but I don't see it.
Hosting for less.
www.step2stephosting.com

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:30 AM #180

It is created in the var/exim directory. In 2.2.4 I "believe" it was in that parent directory. In 3.0.1 it could have moved.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.