• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ADDON: "Google Rich Snippets" addon Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2596 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:50 AM #1

We would like to announce our newest add-on for CS-Cart - "Google Rich Snippets" addon.

GoogleRichSnippetsresults.1519033041.png

This addon displays rich snippets for product details page in Google search results.
Rich snippets are designed to give users a sense for what’s on the page and why it’s relevant to their query. They represent the few lines of text that appear under every search result.

Our add-on allows Google to display such information about a product details page as

• product price;
  • product status (In stock, Out of stock);
  • product rating (stars);
  • the number of reviews for this product.

More details about this addon you can find on this page CS-Cart "Google Rich Snippets" add-on.

Check what people say about this module on CS-Cart marketplace.

GoogleRichSnippetsreview.1519032869.png

Attached Files

ADD-ONS  |  Web development service  |  Web design  |  Page speed increasing  | Server Optimization

Buy MULTIVENDOR - USD 1250 (14% off)   Buy CS-CART LICENCE - USD 345 (13% off)

Email - manager@alt-team.com | Skype - Altteam    

• vidan
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:25 PM #2

no promotion for this new addon?
is this work with v3?

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:47 PM #3

If I purchase this add-on, when CS-Cart V3 is released, will the addon be upgraded to function with v3 and if so, do you offer free upgrades?
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

• hbtrading
  • Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:57 PM #4

Another quality addon by the Alt-team !

• carbjetkits
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:15 AM #5

I aminterested.
Does this addon do a validation on your server to see if the licence is valid more then during install?

I am asking this because a different addon did a server check almost constantly and caused delays on my website due to the host server being slow or unavailable.

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2596 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:05 AM #6

Hello everybody!

no promotion for this new addon? is this work with v3?

With the official release of CS-Cart v.3 we will definetly adjust this addon to the third version. We think it will be a separate download package.

If I purchase this add-on, when CS-Cart V3 is released, will the addon be upgraded to function with v3 and if so, do you offer free upgrades?

If you purchase "Google Rich Snippets" now, after the release of CS-Cart v3, you will be able to download this add-on for CS-Cart v3 for free. We always offer free upgrades of our addons during one year from the moment of the purchase.

Another quality addon by the Alt-team !

Thanks a lot!

I aminterested. Does this addon do a validation on your server to see if the licence is valid more then during install? I am asking this because a different addon did a server check almost constantly and caused delays on my website due to the host server being slow or unavailable.

"Google Rich Snippets" add-on doesn't have any code that can influence your website speed.

Best regards, Alt-team

ADD-ONS  |  Web development service  |  Web design  |  Page speed increasing  | Server Optimization

• carbjetkits
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:44 PM #7

ordered!

I only was able to select Russian states at your checkout.............

• vidan
  • Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:18 PM #8

just wonder, is this work with snorocket addon review attributes? http://www.snorocket...utes-addon.html

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1431 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:14 PM #9

Hi,

This addon works with the normal review attributes.

You should know this is a beta function for google so it is not for sure that you are going to see your products the next day.
And you need also to add your site to a form
http://support.googl...ippets_feedback

As Google says in its blog (http://googlewebmast...h-snippets.html)

If I mark up my pages, does that guarantee I'll get Rich Snippets?

No. We will be rolling this out gradually, and as always we will use our own algorithms and policies to determine relevant snippets for users' queries. We will use structured data when we are able to determine that it helps users find answers sooner. And because you're providing the data on your pages, you should anticipate that other websites and other tools (browsers, phones) might use this data as well. You can let us know that you're interested in participating by filling out this form.

A few points to note:
  • It may take some time for rich snippets to appear in search results or Place Pages.
  • If rich snippets aren't appearing for your site, see possible reasons why.
  • Marking up your data for rich snippets won't affect your page's ranking in search results, and Google doesn’t guarantee to use your markup.
I know that cause this is actually an order I did a while ago for a client of mine to alt-team.

I am happy that my idea was so good to bring this out as a standalone product.

Got Plenty More Where That Came From :)

Fotis
Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2146 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:48 PM #10

Hehe, I've had Rich snippets since about 4 months. Done by Alt Team :)

I never had to add my site to any form as google is now picking up on this automatically.
Reviews started appearing after 2 days. Sometimes they disappear again though, and sometimes they come back. Some show up, and some don't. I have no idea why, but I can imagine that if all shops start doing this and google will show all reviews, it will be a mess and that's why they are very selective.

The code is good though and I just added my site to google shopping. Let's see what that does.

What I do notice is that people click on products with stars much faster!

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:03 PM #11

I just installed this addon, is this Rich Snippets Test Tool Result correct? Thanks

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1431 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:14 PM #12

I dont see any image for the product.
There is also no availability but then again you dont have that in your site either reviews (its empty for that product)

Ask alt -team if that zoom you have gets in the way of the image snippet.

Fotis
Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2596 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:37 PM #13

I just installed this addon, is this Rich Snippets Test Tool Result correct? Thanks

Hello StellarBytes!
It works correctly. We see you use custom zoom addon. If you enable Image in "Google Rich Snippets" addon options, image will be shown in Rich snippets but zoom won't work. If you have enabled Image option but image is not shown in Rich snippets, please let us know it.

Best regards, Alt-team

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:55 PM #14

It works correctly. We see you use custom zoom addon. If you enable Image in "Google Rich Snippets" addon options, image will be shown in Rich snippets but zoom won't work. If you have enabled Image option but image is not shown in Rich snippets, please let us know it.

I have enabled all the options in Rich Snippets addon, including Image, however, the testing tool still doesn't seem to pick up the image.See test tool result here. Is this a problem with my template or with the addon and can you advise what I need to do in order to get this addon working with my template? Thanks again.

• carbjetkits
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:53 PM #15

Installation went perfectly and testing showed everything as expected.
Now waiting for google to pick up...

Thanks! Great product!!

• Alt-team
  • CS-Cart Developer
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2596 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:46 AM #16

I have enabled all the options in Rich Snippets addon, including Image, however, the testing tool still doesn't seem to pick up the image.See test tool result here. Is this a problem with my template or with the addon and can you advise what I need to do in order to get this addon working with my template? Thanks again.

StellarBytes, we've tested the compatibility of our add-on and "Magic Zoom Plus" add-on which you use and see that snippet image can not be displayed because of active zoom. Zoom addon completely changes the standard display of the image that's why "Google Rich Snippets" can't use the image. We can adjust these two add-ons to work correctly together within our custom development service (it will cost approx $35).

Installation went perfectly and testing showed everything as expected. Now waiting for google to pick up... Thanks! Great product!!

Thank you, carbjetkits! We appreciate your opinion, it encourages us to work even better!
Please, always let us know if you happen to notice any problem with "Google Rich Snippets' addon.

Best regards, Alt-team

• fish1981
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:22 PM #17

FREE workaround for Google Rich Snippets
------------------------------------------------------
This addon include
  • Product scheme (http://schema.org/Product) for detailed page and category multi list products view; (product_multicolumns_list.post.tpl,view_main_info.post.tpl)
    • product name;
    • product description;
    • product image;
    • product price;
    • product status (In stock, Out of stock);
  • Breadcrumbs scheme (http://schema.org/WebPage) for navigation (columns.post.tpl).
INSTALLATION
  • download attached zip-file;
  • extract files into /skins/your_skin/customer/addons/
    your_skin - change to your theme
  • Activate in admin panel my_changes Addon
for example, in my installation folder structure looks like this:

/skins/austere/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks

index/

columns.post.tpl

products/

product_multicolumns_list.post.tpl

view_main_info.post.tpl

If you need to change currency, you may do it by edit TPL files. Default is USD;

Best regards,
Konstantin

Attached Files

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:02 PM #18

Wow, fish1981, while a free add on for the community is usually appreciated by the community, I'm not so sure that posting it in a thread that offers one for sale was a very good thing to do. That tends to get some wound up a little.
Regards,
Jim

• fish1981
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:40 AM #19

Wow, fish1981, while a free add on for the community is usually appreciated by the community, I'm not so sure that posting it in a thread that offers one for sale was a very good thing to do. That tends to get some wound up a little.

It's not addon at the full terms, there is no support, no garanties, it's required to some tunes up and skills. But it's relevant for that topic.

This code is worth almost nothing (i mean time is money and there is need a little time to make this addon). So sell it for $99 - that is tends to get some wound up a little =)

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:54 PM #20

My only point is you probably should have posted it some place else on the forum. From what I've seen in the past, some will think that you have hi-jacked this thread from the Alt-Team. I don't know that you broke any forum rules, I believe it is more of a courtesy thing.
Regards,
Jim