Oops has me round the twist

HI guys this topic has to be resolved before I commit suicide.

Firstly I want to purchase CS-CART Pro so I installed the trial version 2.2.4 on my local PC using wamp.

The idea was to build my site on my local host before leaping into hosting and purchasing the full version, I built my sit and everything worked perfect, I then decided to purchase hosting and upload my new site to the server and then purchase a licence. All went well tested the site and worked fine, until I tried to add products to products of the day and featured products from the blocks section in the home page, I got the dreaded pink banner Error Oops, something went wrong (error). Please try again.

I asked my hosting company to put the mod_security for my domain on the whitelist, this did nothing, there are no signs of errors in the error log, I turned off my own router firewall, still the same error.

The next step was to install a fresh copy of CS-CART but this time I installed the free version community version, still the sane error from these same tabs.

I then decided to waste more money and purchase a new hosting from another company, I did just that and installed a fresh copy of CS-CART, guess what the same god damned error.

Ok I then contacted my web service provider, we changed security permissions in my router, I started my computer in safe mode with network access and logged into my admin, design, blocks, homepage then products of the day add products, outcome was Error Oops, something went wrong (error). Please try again.

My internet provider logged into my admin and got the same error.

I have eliminated everything I can possibly think of.

There must be someone with a solution out there, please help.

Thanks

What Directory & File Permissions do you have setup for your hosted site?

Repair the database.

Delete all files under /var/compiled/

Delete all files under /var/cache/

Suicide is not the answer, not even 'jokingly'

Ok thanks for your feedback.

I have done all of above.

The Directory & File Permissions are as described in the install.txt 666 on config.local.php 777 on var tried both all folders on var and main folder on var, 777 images, 755 on config.php.

I have not changed anything in .htaccess.

I have installed the pro version on one server and installed the community version on a seporate hosting and get the same error on both versions.

I contacted my ISP and checked the security on my router, he allso had access to my admin and checked it out too and he got the same error.

I asked one host to change the mod_security, they said that they had and I still got the error

If I install on my local pc using wamp the script runs like clockwork.

So as far as I can see it is an ajax denied request and not a bug.

Why should there be no hitches when installed on a home server, this makes me wonder that it has to be the online hosting at fault.

Would like some more feedback on this issue.

Anyone that wants to check it out are welcome.

This is a fresh install of the community version

[url=“http://redrabbitsextoys.com”]http://redrabbitsextoys.com/test[/url]

ADMIN LOGIN

admin

admin

FTP LOGIN

FTP Username: oopserror@redrabbitsextoys.com

FTP PASS: fixit

FTP Server: ftp.redrabbitsextoys.com

FTP Server Port: 21

Thanks

[quote name='DarkHorse' timestamp='1334768887' post='135057']

Ok thanks for your feedback.

I have done all of above.

The Directory & File Permissions are as described in the install.txt 666 on config.local.php 777 on var tried both all folders on var and main folder on var, 777 images, 755 on config.php.

I have not changed anything in .htaccess.

I have installed the pro version on one server and installed the community version on a seporate hosting and get the same error on both versions.

I contacted my ISP and checked the security on my router, he allso had access to my admin and checked it out too and he got the same error.

I asked one host to change the mod_security, they said that they had and I still got the error

If I install on my local pc using wamp the script runs like clockwork.

So as far as I can see it is an ajax denied request and not a bug.

Why should there be no hitches when installed on a home server, this makes me wonder that it has to be the online hosting at fault.

Would like some more feedback on this issue.

Thanks

[/quote] Ho and I also get an error when trying to ad a product to required products, the add products works as far as opening the box but when I add the product a click add product and close, this is what I get.

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/z1on1851/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 37

HI guys, I just want to thank you all for your input on this issue.

The Oops error is now fixed after battling for three weeks and all down to my hosting company.

At the beginning I followed the instructions from of you at the post of aj_urie ad asked my host to disable mod_security, I was informed that this had been done which lead me to try and find other solutions, after almost giving up after eliminating everything I could think of, I told myself it has to be my hosts server. I then sent another ticket and asked if they had disabled mod_security, they said that they had

lowered the security, that's not what I asked and it was not enough. I got them to turn it off and all is well now except the error mentioned above.

Fatal error[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]: Cannot use string offset as an array in[/font][/color]/home/z1on1851/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] on line [/font][/color]37[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]This is quite important too if anyone can help.[/font][/color]

I [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] hope this thread will help others to push their hosting companies to set things right to run CS-CART[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thanks again for all of you that contributed to this issue.[/font][/color]