• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I love CS Cart, but the Support is pretty bad Rate Topic   - - - - -

• applied
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:09 PM #41

Support is excellent - you have to be very clear about the problem - but if they understand and replicate it then the development of a solution is lightning fast (next day) - but if it needs more work you get an update (I have never gone 24 hours without a reply).

Also impressed with their good English - given it is not their first language, you would not know this.

What's more - I get the "warm fuzzy feeling" that they do take on board the suggestions / comments i.e. you are likely to find that someone is trying to understand your requirement and see if it can be implemented rather than just ignoring the idea. They are trying to use their resources for the best way to improve the cart for all users - so if they can do it they will. It is more like working with them as a partner.

Most impressed with both the product and the culture there.

Regarding the shipping query it may be difficult for them to understand the problem (I didn't understand why you cannot have the same or multiple shipping methods covering all weights your customer is likely to order). This wouldn't really be the thread to discuss this problem in detail - You could try creating a new thread discussing this particular issue as support and other forum members will generally help and someone is likely to have a solution if it is a common problem. It sounds like it could be a lack of understanding of the particular question rather than the lack of understanding of the "issues that shopkeepers face". I haven't come across any problems with shipping and we have comprehensive shipping methods for each country including postage, courier and pallets with larger items having a higher "weight" setting so that volumentric weight is taken into account. You can have multiple shipping methods so when over 25kg another method takes over (with another name - say "courier - 2 boxes"). The problem you will have with this is when the weight is 25.01kg you decide to ship in 1 box when it says 2 boxes on the shipping method the customer will ask for their money back for the difference (believe me it happens!). You are much better hiding the actual number of boxes from the customer and configuring the method for all weights your customer is likely to order.

I have come to the conclusion that as CS Cart is so open that there will be a solution there by somebody and if it does effect shopkeepers then it will have already been resolved.

• Guest_Ian_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:50 PM #42

As I wrote earlier in this thread I recently bought the CS-Cart and I am now setting things up.

I discovered a bug and reported in it in the Bug Report section.
A few days later there was a fix andI could continue setting things up.

CS has always delivered for me. 100% Good support.

I'm looking for a new cart, 12 years exp. with osCommerce and a few others. Here's the thing, a few days for me equals 100 plus orders and if the bug is such that orders cannot be placed, that's a huge compensation required. I've always worked with ecom devs that are individuals and that give rapid responses to support especially bugs - paid for of course but business is business, value for value and all that.

Thing is I like the look of this cart, the presentation of the options and features is so simple, just the way I like it. Its obviously written by a usability guy as opposed to a techie.

Any thoughts on the above, other car recommendations would be appreciated. But I do like the look of CS and its low price is actually unbelievable for the feature set.

Thanks
Ian

• b88
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:04 PM #43

What happens if you submit a ticket within your allocated support days, and before it's resolved your support days expire?
Because i've been waiting over a week and only reply to a problem i had was

"it seems that this issue is caused by a minor bug. Our engineers are working on it and we will contact you as soon as we get any result."

Thank goodness it wasn't a major bug.I'm just hoping it will be fully resolved before support days expire.
On the plus side i did have another problem (which turned out to be hosts problem) which was answered within a day.

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2394 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:11 PM #44

What happens if you submit a ticket within your allocated support days, and before it's resolved your support days expire?
Because i've been waiting over a week and only reply to a problem i had was

"it seems that this issue is caused by a minor bug. Our engineers are working on it and we will contact you as soon as we get any result."

Thank goodness it wasn't a major bug.I'm just hoping it will be fully resolved before support days expire.
On the plus side i did have another problem (which turned out to be hosts problem) which was answered within a day.

If it's a bug it will be fixed for free anyhow. Whether you have support days or not. You might want to add you issue to the bug report, just to be sure and so you can follow it.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2394 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:16 PM #45

I'm looking for a new cart, 12 years exp. with osCommerce and a few others. Here's the thing, a few days for me equals 100 plus orders and if the bug is such that orders cannot be placed, that's a huge compensation required. I've always worked with ecom devs that are individuals and that give rapid responses to support especially bugs - paid for of course but business is business, value for value and all that.

Thing is I like the look of this cart, the presentation of the options and features is so simple, just the way I like it. Its obviously written by a usability guy as opposed to a techie.

Any thoughts on the above, other car recommendations would be appreciated. But I do like the look of CS and its low price is actually unbelievable for the feature set.

Thanks
Ian

I've been online with various cs-cart for about 2 years now and never experienced bugs that made it impossible to order. Bugs described here that take a while to fix are usually minor and are only discovered after a while. Usually they are not more then little quirks. So I wouldn't worry about this too much.

However, I always wait before upgrading to a new version, just to be sure possible bugs have been found and removed.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12044 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:39 PM #46

You'll find the response from the helpdesk to be:
Unknown/unresolved issues == minor bug
Known defect == well known bug

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• jmccann
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:09 AM #47

I am finding there is a lack of detailed information and tutorials for Version 3 especially on Block design. I cannot find any video help for version 3.
When you try to find information or help, a lot is missing and sometimes what does exist refers to version 2.

• joejiko
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:23 PM #48

I am finding there is a lack of detailed information and tutorials for Version 3 especially on Block design. I cannot find any video help for version 3.
When you try to find information or help, a lot is missing and sometimes what does exist refers to version 2.

I've been told they're working on this. Let's hope it arrives soon!