• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Addon breaks captcha Rate Topic   - - - - -

• b4rney
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:03 AM #1

This is my first post so apologies if this is a known problem.

I am trying to write a code hook addon. Not a design hook but an addon that hooks into the finish_payment hook in fn.cart.php. I need to trigger a function to write to the database once the payment has completed.

The problem is ... as soon as I install the addon the application breaks.

These are the symptoms:
  • The captcha disappears on every page it is used and cannot even be viewed using the captcha img url.
  • The checkout process breaks due to a Oops (parsererror) message when clicking 'continue' (even for logged in users)
  • Ajax functions are slow or faulty
These problems remain until the addon is disabled or uninstalled. I have installed both cs-cart 2.2.4 trial and 3.0.1rc3 and it happens in both. Also tested under windows with wamp and on a debian server. Same result.

I have created an addon.xml, func.php and init.php in my addon folder. The addon successfully adds a table to the database.

I have rewritten and renamed the addon several times and removed the database additions and created an empty function in func.php in order to test the most simple function ... but the problem remains.

I don't have mod_security installed.

In short I can't get function hooks to work at all no matter how simple they are.

Can anyone help?
Barney

• b4rney
  • Trial users
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:22 AM #2

Answering my own question!

I had a blank line at the beginning of my func.php before the php tag. That caused all the problems listed above.

Hope this helps someone.
Barney