• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1.3.4sp3 fresh install and can't input any products Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:58 PM #1

I was installing a fresh copy of 1.3.4sp3 and the install goes great. I did not include the sample database and only installed the English language. No problems at all. But, as soon as I try to enter a product I get the following:

Database error: 1366 : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'product_id' at row 1
Invalid query: INSERT INTO cscart_products (product_id, zero_price_action, list_price, amount, tracking, weight, free_shipping, shipping_freight, product_code, manufacturer_id, product_type, feature_comparison, avail, is_edp, edp_shipping, timestamp) VALUES ('', 'R', '0.00', '1', 'B', '0', 'N', '0.00', '', '0', '', 'N', 'Y', 'N', 'N', '1175691337');

Backtrace:
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ig\admin.php
Line: 79
Function: include
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ig\targets\products.php
Line: 40
Function: include
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ig\include\admin\products.php
Line: 59
Function: fn_add_product
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ig\include\admin\products.php
Line: 965
Function: db_insert_by_array
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ig\core\fn_database.php
Line: 133
Function: db_query
File: C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\ig\core\db_mysql.php
Line: 89
Function: db_debug_error

I've checked permissions, they're fine. This is not my first install so I'm pretty use to doing it. What I dont' get is the first line in the error message:
"Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'product_id' at row 1"

Is CS Cart trying to set the wrong type of value for the product ID? Any ideas? Thanks,
j

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:51 PM #2

I notice that you're using a WAMP setup mate,
can you confirm what versions of Apache/SQL you've isntalled etc?
Just to triple check you've got full privelge rights to the SQL user account that you're running?

EDIT : Different accounts allow editing functions and well as require write permissions
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:33 PM #3

Running Apache 2.2.4, PHP 5.2.1 and MySQL 5.0.22.

According to phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2 the db user has full privys across the board. That was one of the first things I checked.

Ideas? Thanks,
j

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:44 PM #4

sounds like PHP or SQL are gagging each other,
install a script of your choice that uses SQL/PHP and allow it to install, let us know if it doesn't work

coppermine is a good starter (image gallery)

If the tester loads correctly then you've proberly got a bad download/upload of cs-cart. IF not, it's the system itself
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:12 PM #5

I knew my PHP/MySQL set up was fine, but was bored so installed Coppermine just for the heck of it. And it works perfectly.

I dl'ed the copy of cs-cart straight from my file area, do you really think it could have been corrupted? Is there something else going on here? Any ideas anyone?
j

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:04 PM #6

Open my.cnf or my.ini (whichever your server uses) and comment out this line like below.

# sql-mode=STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

Now restart the MySql server and try again

• ilookfab
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:24 AM #7

I also have some troubles with 1.3.4-sp3

Fresh re-install of SP3 on a test server. Installation seems to go through just fine. After installed, I go to the admin panel. When trying to go to Settings -> Modules -> to update the setting for the store, when clicking on "Update" I get 403 error

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server.

admin.php is set to 755 ( i tried setting it to 777 to see if anything changes and nothing did)

PLEASE ADVISE.

Thank you

PS var, skins and images directories are set to -R 777 and everything is followed according to instructions

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:42 AM #8

ilookfab, you should start a separate topic since your problem is different than above.

This seems strange since you can access admin.php in order to login and navigate the control panel. Triple check all chmodded directories/files and also look at your htaccess files and lastly for any disabled functions in php.ini however, you should receive a different error if it was that

• ilookfab
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:44 AM #9

it is really weird. everything else works in admin as well as the storefront but this particular part. it also refuses to update language variables giving the same type of error

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:23 PM #10

WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Give that man a new fish!

Is this something new in newer versions? I have not run across this problem before and do not remember this line in prior PHP/MySQL installs I've done. But it's been a while :)

Thank you so much!
j

Open my.cnf or my.ini (whichever your server uses) and comment out this line like below.

Now restart the MySql server and try again

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:41 PM #11

This is a new issue with servers running MySQL5 and default 'recommended' configuration settings.

When running in Strict Mode, MySQL5 will not allow empty database fields to be inserted. The current CS-Cart (sp3) still contains some of these within it's dump and allows for it in within some input fields so, Strict Mode must be disabled on servers running MySQL5 for now.

This issue is a common problem with many developers right now and I'm sure the CS-Cart devs will have it squared away soon.

• pauly78
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:34 AM #12

i odnt understand this, is this the same as running an sql query?

type

then click go?

how do you open my.ini?

• bkehoe
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:14 PM #13

I have had nothing but problems with not only a upgrade but fresh install of 1.3.4 sp3. I have tried everything and nothing works. I have installed hundreds of php files and software on web servers including several on my server and never had problems like this.

I have been using CS Cart since last October and love it but now I am so frustrated that I guess the only way I will get the feature I want is to switch cart sofetware.

The store manager software does not work either in the upgrade process and have tried several times to manually up grade I am so disappointed in this system right now.

If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do to get this working I would appreciate as I really love this product and don't want to switch.

Posted 05 July 2007 - 01:28 AM #14

I have had nothing but problems with not only a upgrade but fresh install of 1.3.4 sp3. I have tried everything and nothing works. I have installed hundreds of php files and software on web servers including several on my server and never had problems like this.

I have been using CS Cart since last October and love it but now I am so frustrated that I guess the only way I will get the feature I want is to switch cart sofetware.

The store manager software does not work either in the upgrade process and have tried several times to manually up grade I am so disappointed in this system right now.

If anyone has any suggestions of what I can do to get this working I would appreciate as I really love this product and don't want to switch.

PM me so that I can find the source of your problems, then you can choose the best avenue for fixing it.

• 38thplanet
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 02:07 PM #15

Hey so how can i cross out that common . if i using share hosting web and i only can allow to acess SQL ??? pls help!!! is there anyway that i can work around ? beside of take out the "STRICT_TRANS"

• MikeFold
  • Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 03:32 PM #16

it is outstanding that you are searching for answers through this forum
but, make sure you are using tips designed for your version of cs-cart.

This thread and suggestions are for version 1.3.4sp3

You are most likely running 1.3.5sp4 (current)

Don't get me wrong, some tips can be used regarding server settings, etc....but be careful using tips that are designed for other versions. As well, this particular thread was dealing with a local server (a server setup on the home or office computer that imitates how a regular server functions)wamp or xampp are some examples.
:cool:
[SIZE="1"]Seamlessly Upgraded to 1.3.5sp4 from 1.3.4sp3
Live: Playboy Collectors Gallery
(Adult)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]LOOKING FOR A FEW COPIES OF THE NEW LITHUANIA PLAYBOY ISSUES...AND COLOMBIA ISSUES.....
FEEL FREE TO Private Message Me....THANKS[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Slightly Modded Default Red | Zardos Lightbox | Sitemap | Multicards Payment Mod |
Cart & Checkout Pages Modified |
[/SIZE]

Posted 11 December 2008 - 10:02 PM #17

On a shared server environment I really doubt anyone is going to comment out those settings...