Why am I getting this message?

Your 30-day evaluation period has expired. Please purchase the full commercial license (CS-Cart licenses - professional ecommerce website software) or remove the software from your server.

I purchase my license on May 12, 2010. This just started happening today.

I also just started getting this message - I am now searching teh forum for the answer.

Very frustrating as I have had this software for a number of years…

CS-Cart's site is currently down for maintenance, presumably if their server cannot be contacted, the license check cannot be completed, hence you receive the error.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1331031023' post='132658']

CS-Cart's site is currently down for maintenance, presumably if their server cannot be contacted, the license check cannot be completed, hence you receive the error.

[/quote]

You may be correct - but this apparently is a bug or flaw in their system that must be fixed.

This is really annoying.

We have over 10 clients this morning contact us to tell us about this message and that they cannot save changes in the admin area. This makes us look very unprofessional.

There must be a better way of doing this guys? Does this message really have to appear everytime your server goes down?

The way I read the code in controllers/common/auth.php is that the only way that '$messages' is set is if there is a response from the server and it is an XML document. Otherwise $messages is empty and the call to fn_helpdesk_process_messages($messages) does nothing.

None of this should restrict the abilty to update data that I know of. But haven't tried it explicitly… What error is produced when an update is attempted?

I had a client who performed an upgrade - DURING the help-desk downtime. Not professional at all considering their upgrade failed mid-way. License key was valid etc.

Was cs-cart hacked, as there was very strange message about the website on www.cs-cart.com being down but won't be available until 18th November 2011 makes you wonder?

I have exactly same problem since yesterday.

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Your 30-day evaluation period has expired. Please purchase the full commercial license (CS-Cart licenses - professional ecommerce website software) or remove the software from your server.[/font][/color][/quote]

I check in cs-cart that my license is valid and working. so i dont know what happen here

Started happening again today.

“Your 30-day evaluation period has expired. Please purchase the full commercial license (CS-Cart licenses - professional ecommerce website software) or remove the software from your server.”

How do I get rid of this, this is so annoying.

I started seeing this also. Put ticket in.

Response is

Cs-cart was working on server and thought this message could go away in a couple of hours, If not, I was referred to the.

below link.

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I don't have time to look at it until tonight.

Bob.

I have also on all the sites this problem also with clients

why not make the activation server different then the normal server

we have more people calling when this happen then we are making money on the software

We just started getting this stupid error today too!

[quote]Unfortunately, your subscription for CS-Cart software is over. Please renew it as soon as possible to avoid the program suspending.[/quote]

The sad part is I know this has something to do with the CS-Cart SERVER! And they wonder why the heck we do NOT want to rely on their 3rd party server any more than we have too!!! Wow, go figure!

I also have this problem. I tried to add product and the message does not allow me to do it. Now its the week-end and no answers from the help desk? Is there any way to reach them over the week end?

I don't understand how their server interferes. I have the cart on siteground servers. Don't I operate from their server?

Jim, you get the prize. This is exactly my concern too. Just like the little admin bug thing that I found a while back. Kind of sucks to have issues with your site when it is the CS-Cart servers.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='notlim' timestamp='1337351471' post='136703']

I don't understand how their server interferes. I have the cart on siteground servers. Don't I operate from their server?

[/quote]

Your site communicates with their server to verify that you don't have pirate software. That is fine, but it should not stop us from working when we have a legit copy that is paid for. Again, sorry, but this is another reason why Twigmo and Searchanise are NOT good options.

Those who posted on this thread may want to do what plinkplink suggested on another thread…

[quote name='plinkplink' timestamp='1337351988' post='136709']

Looks like this thread already has an issue confirmation. We might get better results if we pester them there. And be sure to click “Yes” on the Issue Confirmation counter if you can reproduce this error.

[/quote]

I WAS getting the same message as clips, but I COULD edit my site (after clicking Ok at the message).

But no more messages now, all better. Relax everyone and have a great weekend!

Is there any chance the cart will actually shut itself down?

@wwgreen

We ARE still getting the error message and we can still edit most parts of the site. It is a HUGE pain in the butt to take a phone order as you get the error message on each step. We are able to place the order, we just get the annoying message each step of the way.

@grayloon

I sure hope it does no shut the site down. Quite honestly, we have never gotten the message this long before.