CS-Cart 1.3.5 release TOMORROW!

I just had a chat with Vladimir from CS-Cart and he told me that 1.3.5 will be released TOMORROW!! I’m happy being able to bring this announcement to you all.

The rumor mill has been hot for a long time yea…

Here are some features that will be included in the next anticipated release:

• Myspace integration
  • Admins can now have their own avatar
  • Store Manager source code was lost during a harddisk crash, so you’re back to MANUAL upgrade only
  • Google Adwords interface
  • Your very own accounting software integrated in CS-Cart (throw that quickbooks somewhere else)

There are going to be some changes in the license aswell, this was unfortunately inevitable.

• There will no longer be a lifetime fee, it will be replaced by a monthly fee of $49.95 for access to future upgrades
  • You are not allowed to modify the source code without CS-Cart written permission
  • Upgrades can only be made by CS-Cart team and must be requested in the helpdesk
  • You must address all members of CS-Cart team as either “Sir” or “Madam”

I just can’t wait.

I wonder how many clients will be searching the helpdesk for a refund button. hehe

how about just fixing the live help;)

[quote name=‘Zyles’]There are going to be some changes in the license aswell, this was unfortunately inevitable.

[/QUOTE]

from a business perspective i understand that they want to have control however its going to cause to loose a lot of business. and alot of overload in their stafff.

personally from my 16 years of business experience the more control you try the more control you loose.

my 2c at least…

thnx

chahine

“There will no longer be a lifetime fee, it will be replaced by a monthly fee of $49.95 for access to future upgrades.”

This is very, very bad. Very bad. You buy the cart with upgrades and all of a sudden it’s going to cost?

Is this post for real :mad: Zyles.

50 $ monthly for upgrade ?

(50*12=600 at year * 10 year = 6000 $, plus server cost ,plus my work, what think my customer :confused: )

I hope you guys know it was an April Fools joke =\

[quote]I hope you guys know it was an April Fools joke =[/quote]

Nice one Zyles, ya got me :rolleyes::rolleyes:

[quote name=‘roban’]“There will no longer be a lifetime fee, it will be replaced by a monthly fee of $49.95 for access to future upgrades.”

This is very, very bad. Very bad. You buy the cart with upgrades and all of a sudden it’s going to cost?[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[QUOTE]Yea, this isn’t going to work.

We just bought the software last week with the understanding that this was a one time fee w/ thirty days of support. Ether this goes in to affect only on new purchases from here forward or I think we may be bailing out. As good as this software is it has some glaring deficiencies and I don’t feel that I should have to pay for to be resolved.

Bad move[/QUOTE]

Okay, I just saw the April fools bit. I was P!$$ed. I hope that others read the thread all the way through, unlike myself.

I wonder if CS will see the funny side :stuck_out_tongue: when they get to work tommorow…

If they look that is…

Got me hook, line, and sinker.

:eek:

Cripes! I almost cancelled a client because of this. I guess you got me good.

[quote name=‘SWS’]I wonder if CS will see the funny side :stuck_out_tongue: when they get to work tommorow…

If they look that is…[/QUOTE]

It’s certainly a dangerous joke.

I was at least having a good laugh. :smiley:

Can’t see how some of the points mentioned can be taken seriously. They are obviously made up, actually all of them. :wink:

Not if you read it correctly…

Myspace integration ??

(for a shop ?)

Admins can now have their own avatar…

(its not a forum ?)

You must address all members of CS-Cart team as either “Sir” or “Madam”

(as if any company would impose a rule such as that)

but hey, thats what april fools day is all about !!!

Well exactly. That would be way too ridiculous. :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘Zyles’]Well exactly. That would be way too ridiculous. :)[/QUOTE]

nice one zyles got me good…

however i have done and seen some stupid in my life (and only 25) that nothing astonishes me anymore.

thnx

chahine

LMAO… Nice one Zyles…