• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• Phoenix
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:31 PM #161

Hi,

With the new layout manager, is there no way of a fluid design - full screen width? Everything seems still contained within a single column design - with a lot of whitespace wasted on either side..?

How will you configure a full screen width design in CS 3?

I am interested in hearing a response to this question as well. Our skin uses a full screen design. Surely the new grid system/block manager isn't restricted to a fixed width only. If so, this is a massive limitation!

• N1XUS
  • Banned for copyright violation
  • Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:20 PM #162

I am interested in hearing a response to this question as well. Our skin uses a full screen design. Surely the new grid system/block manager isn't restricted to a fixed width only. If so, this is a massive limitation!

http://grids.heroku.com/ create necessary css file and use it, you must create for 16 and 12 columns

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:44 PM #163

[*] Quantity discounts: The "Count product options when quantity discounts are calculated" option added.

The above is in the change log, I assume this means when 10 red and 10 blue are purchased then the cart adds them together and gives the qty discount rate for 20...whoopeeee if it does.
BUT I installed the new RC3 today and this does not happen, it still gives 10 rate even if 20 are ordered 10+10.
Is this just a bug or am I not reading the change log correctly.

John

4 14.1

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:19 PM #164

assume this means when 10 red and 10 blue are purchased then the cart adds them together and gives the qty discount rate for 20...whoopeeee if it does

Also, the ability to apply the quantity discount to the option modifiers.

I.e. if a product has a variant that add $5.00 and the price discount worked out to be 20%, then that variant would value at $4.00.... I've struggled to do this with my Discount Plans addon since option variants are handled differently throughout the display, cart and checkout process.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:55 AM #165

Important for Total Product Orders ADDON After serlect orders and list products It is necesary to print this list like "Print Invoice" or " Print packing slip" becouse that list is necesary to send at the warehouse for prepare products to send. Many people who have online store They dont't have stock products becouse they receive orders , buy from importers and redistribute to customer and for us that list is very important thing.

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:50 AM #166

[*] Quantity discounts: The "Count product options when quantity discounts are calculated" option added.

The above is in the change log, I assume this means when 10 red and 10 blue are purchased then the cart adds them together and gives the qty discount rate for 20...whoopeeee if it does.
BUT I installed the new RC3 today and this does not happen, it still gives 10 rate even if 20 are ordered 10+10.
Is this just a bug or am I not reading the change log correctly.

John

Dear John,

You should enable the Count up product options when quantity discounts are calculated setting.

Go to Settings -> General and find the Users/cart section. The last setting in this section is the one you need.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:26 AM #167

Dear John,

You should enable the Count up product options when quantity discounts are calculated setting.

Go to Settings -> General and find the Users/cart section. The last setting in this section is the one you need.

Sorry guys, is ticked and not working, try here

4 14.1

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:12 PM #168

Sorry guys, is ticked and not working, try here

Dear John,
My bad, the option has to be unchecked in order to make the calculation behave the way you like.

Just tried it, it works all right.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 5070 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:50 PM #169

Dear John,
My bad, the option has to be unchecked in order to make the calculation behave the way you like.

Just tried it, it works all right.

Strange option selection but yes works fine.

Thanks
John

4 14.1

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:40 PM #170

Important for Total Product Orders ADDON After serlect orders and list products It is necesary to print this list like "Print Invoice" or " Print packing slip" becouse that list is necesary to send at the warehouse for prepare products to send. Many people who have online store They dont't have stock products becouse they receive orders , buy from importers and redistribute to customer and for us that list is very important thing.

Please make that list ....

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:19 AM #171

Strange option selection but yes works fine.

Thanks
John

I do agree, the setting name is confusing. We are currently renaming it to make it clearer.

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:56 PM #172

We decided to wait to purchase CS Cart until the new CS Cart 3 Professiional version came out since we determined the new layout for the cart had more features and functionality overall, not to mention the overall appearance was more to our liking. It was also suggested the new version would be available for purchase by March 2012.

It appears however this CS Cart 3 release is only a RC testing release and not actually available to implement to purchaseand use in your storefront immediately.

I also assume one needs to own a paid older version in order to utilize one of these new CS Cart 3 RC "testing versions".

The only problem I see is that even if this is not the case and we can upload a test version for CS Cart 3, if there is no ability to automatically switch over everything we have done in testing version to the new stable version once done, it seems silly to go to all the work of entering product, etc just to find out that what we have already implemented will be lost and overwritten. Some programs allow you to enter a registration number in a box once you get out of the trial version without having it do any damage to your existing files. Not sure if this will be the case here or not.

So I guess at this point I am left with wondering when the 1st stable version of CS Cart 3 might actually be available for purchase if the above is truly the case, and we don't have the ability to upgrade from the RC testing version to the stable version without losing everything customized up to that point?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:00 AM #173

So I guess at this point I am left with wondering when the 1st stable version of CS Cart 3 might actually be available for purchase if the above is truly the case, and we don't have the ability to upgrade from the RC testing version to the stable version without losing everything customized up to that point?

RC means Release Candidate. NOT testing version. It is a Preview of the final product. An RC is for us to see the new features and help squash bugs.

When SC3 is final released, there will be a testing version. And SC3 will be released when they have killed most of the bugs.
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• soldierly
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:40 AM #174

Cs-Cart 3 RC3

not change the language variable = "Failed to extract files from the archive"

Warning language variable name contains characters that are not supported!

:-) try your turn

CSCART

• soldierly
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:48 AM #175

The new symbol of the Turkish lira

/admin.php?dispatch=currencies.manage

how it will add a new icon

Ancient symbol of the Turkish lira : TL

The new Turkish lira is the picture icon. :shock:

CSCART

• tom437
  • Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:57 PM #176

Will all the problem exporting to google base, will be corrected in the cscart 3?

Thanks
Hosting for less.
www.step2stephosting.com

• N1XUS
  • Banned for copyright violation
  • Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:58 AM #177

The new symbol of the Turkish lira /admin.php?dispatch=currencies.manage how it will add a new icon Ancient symbol of the Turkish lira : TL The new Turkish lira is the picture icon. :shock:

I would recomend you to create some class for currency (TL), for example "curr_tl" and in css file create background for this class, and text-indent to hide letters (tl), or just add "color:transparent" it should help on basic level

• StellarBytes
  • Members
  • 1807 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:32 PM #178

Is Ultimate 3.0.1 RC the latest release for Ultimate? Just about to set up a new site with 3 sub-sites with it and would like to get started with the most stable version available if possible...
Hire StellarBytes for CS-Cart Design & Development Services

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:47 AM #179

Hi,

What can I do in order to renounce at 960.gs formating?
Something else without delete 960.css file.

I have developed a design that doesn`t respect 100% the 960.gs formatting and the grid classes.

Thank's,
Cristian

• AmitP
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:09 PM #180

Hi,

What can I do in order to renounce at 960.gs formating?
Something else without delete 960.css file.

I have developed a design that doesn`t respect 100% the 960.gs formatting and the grid classes.

Thank's,
Cristian

Hi Cristian,

At the moment you would be required to make your design compatible with the 960.gs grid system in order for you to work with your design on CS CART v.3.

Regards
VPS 2.0GHz + 1GB RAM