• You cannot reply to this topic

CS-Cart 3 RC Released Rate Topic   * * * * * 15 votes

• Struck
  • Teetering on Genious
  • Members
  • 2502 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:35 AM #101

Hey struck were all just excited! But yeah we should
Probably give them a little space. Just can't wait till it ready!

I understand Sole :)
Cooking with Gas on Version 4.1.2 (But proceeding with caution....)

• martin1979
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:22 AM #102

I like the 2.2. version as well, as we do many modification on that version. It is hard to change to 3.0 directly, it is totally different. Customization work is hard on 3.0 , wait for 2.2.5

• karrde
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:50 AM #103

I'm confused a bit. I can't find separate admin panel for stores on CS-Cart 3 Ultimate.
I thought:
Professional = 1 store, 1 admin, 1 supplier
Multi-Vendor = 1 store, x admins, x suppliers
Ultimate = x stores, x admins, x suppliers

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:40 AM #104

I'm confused a bit. I can't find separate admin panel for stores on CS-Cart 3 Ultimate.
I thought:
Professional = 1 store, 1 admin, 1 supplier
Multi-Vendor = 1 store, x admins, x suppliers
Ultimate = x stores, x admins, x suppliers

What exactly do you consider "suppliers" to be?

In CS-Cart Ultimate you can separate storefront access for administrators using usergroup sharing.

This means that you can assign certain admin(s) to be able to manage certain storefront(s)

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• N1XUS
  • Banned for copyright violation
  • Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:18 AM #105

What exactly do you consider "suppliers" to be?

In CS-Cart Ultimate you can separate storefront access for administrators using usergroup sharing.

This means that you can assign certain admin(s) to be able to manage certain storefront(s)

It's was better when I could create admin, and give him company_id right in admin area, not by creating some dummy user-groups

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:49 PM #106

CS-Cart 3 RC 2 is released and available for download and install.

New features include:
  • Product filters now support multi-selection and are updated with AJAX
  • Order pages appearance modified in the customer area
Several bugs have been fixed: Download the new version:

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• N1XUS
  • Banned for copyright violation
  • Banned
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:52 PM #107

CS-Cart 3 RC 2 is released and available for download and install.

New features include:

• Product filters now support multi-selection and are updated with AJAX
  • Order pages appearance modified in the customer area
Several bugs have been fixed:Download the new version:

• kmolchanov
  • CS-Cart team
  • 1313 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:54 PM #108

The archives are just being uploaded. They will be available shortly

Konstantin Molchanov,
CS-Cart Architect Team

• sedatsenol
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:35 PM #109

Hi,

v3 is looking great.
What is the estimaded date for final release?

Thanks!

• stephR
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:28 PM #110

Also would be nice to have

* weight to product details page & total weight of cart content
* ability to exclude user groups of payment method and shipping method.
* shipping method with not only weight but also price limit.

I totally agree with such essential features

• sccr410
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:28 PM #111

Do you just upload files over RC 1 and should be good to go?
Using 3.0.1 - www.sayhellobird.com

• getreal
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:56 PM #112

If cs-cart won't release any transition package(like they do for the database) for the custom skins OR If they don't make this process easier, for the old skins being used in cscart v.2.2.4 currently, then it will hurt lots of people including us.

We're using custom skin affecting entire site/how can we send it to trash and write it from the very beginning for v3 ? Cs-Cart team is being developed that kind of stuff?

Also, let me ask one question: template hooks will not help us since it's called major upgrade from 2.2.4 to 3.0 ?

Thank you,

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:59 PM #113

Is 2.2.4 is working for you? If it is, I see no reason to upgrade.

Smart thing would be not to upgrade till it hits a STABLE version, then you probably want to update your look and feel anyway.

ps. There are some of us still on 1.3.5 sites
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

• Triplets
  • Members
  • 1188 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:20 AM #114

Smart thing would be not to upgrade till it hits a STABLE version, then you probably want to update your look and feel anyway.

ps. There are some of us still on 1.3.5 sites

I agree 100%. I have several sites using 1.3.5 and several using different variants of 2.0 and 2.1. I will not be upgrading any of them. All work fine and are taking orders everyday. I will only be using the 3.0 version on new sites. I have never understood the rush or need to upgrade a site after it goes Live.

David

• jhagg
  • Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:38 AM #115

I do understand those that are cautious about upgrading etc, I however live on the other end and feel when I pay for a license, I want to also take advantage of all the latest development into the project while I can in fact upgrade for free during my license. I also like to keep my site cutting edge and am willing to pay people to support me in this fashion which I have many times to both Tony at EZ Merchant solutions an Louis at CS-Cart Rocks. (both are awesome!)

I am also very concerned about the apparent non support of skins in CS-Cart 3 unless I am misunderstanding something this is a major issue for many, including myself. are you just planning on coming out with the cookie cutter template and leaving everyones stores to look the same?

I tried to read between the lines and the only developer response I saw was something like, we will consider adding more templates? I was shocked to read this like you havent already planned for this?? I am hoping I am just misunderstanding and this is only for the RC but the gold release will have all the templates???

Please clarify!

Thanks!

P.S. A big fan of CS-Cart, the product and it's development just worried about my deployment plan of version 3 and this issue.

• colortone
  • Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:35 AM #116

POPULAR

I think the people concerned with upgrading skin and templates had not played with the new block editor and realize how powerful it is. For a designer is a tool of unlimited posibilities.

Caring to keep the old look intact? Stay on 2.2.4
Want to upgrade the look of your store to the new social-mobile multi-platform internet? learn the new tools.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12156 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:00 AM #117

In all fairness, V3 is in fact a major upgrade/change to the product.

I think it's great that they are constraining themselves to the basic skin while they are ironing things out.
The goal should be to get a functionally stable product (all editions) and then worry about adding skin templates for different look/feel.

A new skin should be dominantly new skins/<skin>/customer/styles.css with some adjustments to the graphics and small changes to some templates (ideally not). That they are standardizing on a grid system should make all of that a lot easier in the end.

Let them get it right and stop beating on them for release dates. If they can get a stable version of this out by end of summer, they will have done an excellent job. If they then add a libarary of maybe 10 templates by year end, they will have a product that will take them through the next few years just like 2.x did. Then everyone can start wondering about V4! :-)

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• getreal
  • Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:20 AM #118

Unfortunately, I don't agree on this. You can choose to go with the 2.2.4 or 1.3.5 etc but we do pay and upgrade for our subscription to get more features/abilities/ any kind of improvements. If reaching to a stable version is the end of our way, why is cs-cart trying to release V3 , v2.2.4 is very stable for all customers and they can cut the development process,they would put all of their efforts to promote the software. So: it's not like that, still more to do.

Moreover, I didn't say that: we'll upgrade cscart to v3 in a rush way just after released, we'll wait for the more stable version like 3.1.2 etc.. But, you're mixing the things, "Desire" of using a stable version doesn't show no one right who is still using v.1.3.5(outdated version).

What we're trying to achieve while posting these messages is: some areas still require improvements. Helpdesk ,QA has been improved and more to go (that's an another topic issue) .For the upgrade process, if they wanna make the subscription attractive& if cscart will be always in the top 25, then the customers will be always in their portfolio.By doing only the development, then ask us to forgot to use old skins or don't use cscart updated versions is not Fair and True.Thus, if the customers want to upgrade but not succeed because of such kind of reasons then it's a big problem not only for us for everyone including Cscart.

For DB transition, cscart do release transition package to make the process possible and easier, for the design ,for the custom skins, they need to help their customers.We're upgrading cscart because we're not beta testers and I have to present customers most updated sites that's the only reason we didn't choose to write a custom php or asp site because if it's done, we would have the same version of site in 2020 as well. Cscart was not a choice of cost.

Thank you all,

• kogi
  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:57 PM #119

but we do pay and upgrade for our subscription to get more features/abilities/ any kind of improvements.

Think of the price of a new template a part of the upgrade/subscription price. In fact it is. :grin:
Besides. I do not see any features that will improve sales in the Changelog

I am also very concerned about the apparent non support of skins in CS-Cart 3 unless I am misunderstanding something this is a major issue for many, including myself.

Because this is a radical overhaul of cs-cart (hence the v3) they will only have one skin on release. It does support skins and more will be out in the future.

The Block system is fricking awesome. I think with some graphics and custom CSS and you can rock a new look in 30 minutes
find / -type f -name '*.base' -exec chown kogi.kogi {} \;

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:33 PM #120

Unfortunately, I don't agree on this. You can choose to go with the 2.2.4 or 1.3.5 etc but we do pay and upgrade for our subscription to get more features/abilities/ any kind of improvements.

It's the cost of business, there will always be a cost for a $300 shopping cart.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.